Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrSurgicalPrecision

West Virginia Range Day with Templar Consulting

Hey guys, we had our second invitational YouTube shoot here in West Virginia this weekend. We were honored to have Bob Reynolds from http://templarcustom.com/ in attendance to demo some of his outstanding product and allow us the opportunity to run his weapons through the ringer.

I'll be posting several videos here from the shoot. Not all of them are related directly to 6.5 Grendel stuff but they are interesting. Bob makes some really outstanding products. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 12" Race Rail from him so I'll be doing some videos on it as well. If you want to share the videos with your friends I'd appreciate it. It will help Bob and me out greatly. Thanks.

Anyway here's the first video I got uploaded. Any fans of the .50 Beowulf should love it.

• MrSurgicalPrecision

Here's a quick demo of his Fast Rail system by TeamRedDawnKY.

Comment

• MrSurgicalPrecision

This is a test of his integral suppressor system on a 5.56 against a Gemtech HALO and a full auto function test.

Comment

• MrSurgicalPrecision

.50 Beowulf versus zombie head analogs (AKA watermelon). This is another one of Bob's rifles with a new muzzle brake design and we were firing from 100 yards. Video by TacticalAR15Master.

Comment

• Kikn
          Warrior
          • Nov 2011

Comment

• MrSurgicalPrecision

Comment

is that a race rail or fast rail on either of the autos? Bob's building me a 6.5 Bartlein Grendel with 14.5" race rail-curious as to what it looks like in the flesh.

Comment

Where were you guys at?? I trek between bridgeport charleston and parkersburg on a weekly basis....you can't be that far from me...

Comment

• MrSurgicalPrecision

Originally posted by bobke View Post
                  is that a race rail or fast rail on either of the autos? Bob's building me a 6.5 Bartlein Grendel with 14.5" race rail-curious as to what it looks like in the flesh.
                  The smooth bottom one is the race rail. I'm rendering a video installing that on my competition carbine right now. The quad rail is called the fast rail. We switched calibers and handguards around all day. In the Beowulf video the first one was the Race rail and the second one was the Fast rail.
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-26-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• MrSurgicalPrecision

Originally posted by Outsider View Post
                    Where were you guys at?? I trek between bridgeport charleston and parkersburg on a weekly basis....you can't be that far from me...

Down in Wyoming county between Logan and Oceana. We've got an old strip mine we shoot in. It's got ranges exceeding 2000 yards.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-26-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• txgunner00
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Looks like a lot of fun!
                      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• MrSurgicalPrecision

The new Templar Race Rail.

Comment

• RangerRick

What was your impression of the two suppresors side by side? I have fired the Templar on a Grendel. The only thing I have to compare to is a Sure Fire on a 5.56 (much louder).

RR

Comment

• MrSurgicalPrecision

Originally posted by RangerRick View Post
                            What was your impression of the two suppresors side by side? I have fired the Templar on a Grendel. The only thing I have to compare to is a Sure Fire on a 5.56 (much louder).

RR
                            The Templar and Gemtech HALO on a 5.56 were indistinguishable to me. The Gemtch might have been a touch louder but if you closed your eyes and listened to the shots you couldn't tell which one was shooting. I think the Templar is a really good design, especially since you can take it apart for cleaning.

Comment

Working...
                            X