My First 6.5 Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First 6.5 Grendel

Nesika built by Gre-Tan Rifles. Krieger 1 in 8 twist barrel. Leupold 2.5x8 pistol scope, 2oz Mike Dewey Trigger.

Now that trips my trigger, very nice!!! Have you shot it yet? How long it the barrel?

Comment

Barrel is 15 inch, I use it for IHMSA silhouettes, shot it 90 rounds yesterday load testing.

Comment

• Drifter
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Very unique, and beautifully executed. Like the elevation turret too.

Two thumbs up.
        Drifter

Comment

Really nice

Comment

• Dogue
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

How is the recoil on something like that, say compared to a 1911 or maybe at 44 Mag?

Beautiful gun, btw.
            Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Recoil is mild, a 1911 or 44 mag is way worse!

Comment

That is a collector item right there dont even shoot that just look at it.

A320

Comment

What loads are you running through it for silhouettes? That is beautiful. Any velocity and accuracy data you want to share so far with what you've done?

Comment

For the large silhouettes I use a Hornady 140gr SP with 26.0gr H4895. Rem 7 1/2 primers. Oal is 2.292, touching is 2.302 for 2092 FPS. Alex A brass. Plenty of ram knockdown. Have shot a several 5 shot inch and a half groups at 100 meters with the scope set at 4 power from the creedmore position. Mild safe load

Comment

Does it matter where you hit the ram with that load? Any failures to knock down? Sounds like a great rig with that load!

Comment

Working...
                      X