Why i deal with hornady!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why i deal with hornady!!!

I purchased a Hornady LNL progressive from brownells about 3 weeks ago in fact I got the last one they had listed on their site. So I get the package yesterday and decided to fill out my bullet redemption form before the republic of kalifornia makes it a felony to even say 6.5 Grendel.

The redemption form does not list .264 bullets and I figured that might be an issue so I called Hornady today. Sure enough they dont do substitutions. I told the lady that I only purchased this thing for loading my Grendel. She sighed and said "ok sir do you have our manual"? Why yes ma'am I do!! "What bullet were you looking at sir"? The 123gr SST ma'am, "I'm sorry sir that bullet is not in the manual however I can do the 123gr AMAX but it will be $4.00 per box extra". I say who do I make the check out to or would you like my card number????

WELL DONE HORNADY!! THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS FINEST!!!!

A320PYLT
  • MrDraco
    Warrior
    • Jul 2011

I find this odd.

About three weeks ago you posted this. http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...t-do-you-think

Where you claimed you already called them and they said they can only sub out items from their custom line and can not do the Amax or SST. You also said you was aware the .264 is not on the redemption form and already have the information needed in order to get the substituted bullets. However now you're posting that you are surprised that the .264 is not on the form and that you just called them today and can get the Amax bullets. So which is it? Neither of your stories add up and are full of contradictions to each other.

Comment

Sorry you are having a hard time understanding what I said. I called back then and spoke with an employee and did the smart thing and got the persons name. I was not ready to order because I did not have the product yet. Now today I called back ready to make my selection but the first person was not there and I was being told that I could make no substitutions. The only reason they did it was because I had spoken to the first person. Now person 2 (today) offered the AMAX and I was glad to take them over 129 interlocks.

I hope that you are able to follow now if not let me know and we can try this again.

A320PYLT

Comment

• MrDraco
        Warrior
        • Jul 2011

Aw. Now that clears things up. Should have posted this to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by MrDraco View Post
          Aw. Now that clears things up. Should have posted this to start with.
          No one has ever accused me of being clear:>)))

The bottom line is here is customer service and I feel that I got that for Hornady today. Now I have used their ammo for years and have been one of those that seems to just have great luck with their product. Again my apologizes for not being clear.

A320PYLT

Comment

I recently called Hornady, had some questions about the new 123SST. Only problem, I was on hold for 20 minutes before I actually spoke with a tech. support guy. He knew what I wanted to know and did a good job. It's nice to be able to actually talk to someone and get answers, I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
              I recently called Hornady, had some questions about the new 123SST. Only problem, I was on hold for 20 minutes before I actually spoke with a tech. support guy. He knew what I wanted to know and did a good job. It's nice to be able to actually talk to someone and get answers, I like that.
              Thank God for speaker phones!!

Comment

• wheelguner
                Warrior
                • Oct 2011

I recently built a new bench in my reloading/gun room. It spanned one wall and I had to box up/move a lot of stuff for room to work and store temporarily. To cut to the chase, I managed to lose the power supply for my Hornady Auto Powder Dispenser. I emailed Hornady asking for a part# and price so I could order a replacement. Two days later I received an email informing me that a replacement was on the way at no charge. That is service above and beyond.

Comment

• adrenaline junkie

When I got my Lock and Loaf AP, I didnt pay enough attention and got powder on the shell plate which gets in the sliding primer dispensor slot and causes it to bind. While trying to figure it out, I pushed too hard and broke the rod that actuates it. Not the rod but the plastic part that holds it. I also broke somethimg else, I dont remember what it was. Anyway, I called hoenady about replacement parts and they had them in stock and set up shipping. When I asked how much I owed, they said nothing. They shipped it all to me for free.

Make sure you clean up the powder you spill when you are setting up your powder charge.

Comment

• LongRanger

Well, now I don't feel so bad about breaking that same plastic part on the primer assembly on my lock and load progressive press. I found out that it helps to have an air compressor handy to blow out the channel that the primer feed slides in every once in while to avoid primer feeding problems. Also helps to remove the shell plate every so often and blow the base clean too. Repaired my plastic part with a thin metal backing but also got a free replacement from Hornady in just a few days. Great customer service!

Comment

I had a set of hornady Grendel dies the expander ball and adjustment stem where not straight causing excessive neck runout. Called Hornady they sent out two complete assemblies no charge. I had problems with Rcbs die in the 6.8 spc and Rcbs was not nearly as helpful. Guess where my money is going to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X