Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Castor Troy

Finally got a barrel!

This morning I got a notification from Midway that they had a Shilen Match 20" 6.5 Grendel 1:9 barrel/bolt in stock. 20 seconds later, I hoped on my computer and ordered it! This after waiting over a month and a half for a barrel from CSS that was "in stock."

This is the rifle it's going on:

Specs:

Doublestar Lower
    Aero Precision Upper
    Samson Evolution 15" Rail
    Shilen Match 20" 1:9 6.5 Grendel barrel + bolt, EGW clamp on gas block
    Les Baer hard chrome bolt carrier
    CMMG LPK with tuned trigger/speed hammer/JP yellow spring kit
    Magpul CTR Stock/AFG Grip/MOE Trigger guard(pmag in there just for show)
    Hogue pistol grip

Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50 w/H2DMR reticle
    ADM AD-RECON scope mount

Really looking forward to finishing this thing up next week!

I waited a few minutes and missed out, still waiting for CSS to deliver. Something tells me the website is BS or they just aren't in any hurry to get orders out.

Comment

Nice rifle by the way!

Comment

• Castor Troy

tom told me yesterday that they are working on the next batch of orders now. no idea what that means

still gonna hold onto that order, will probably just build another AR lol

Comment

• Boostmeister

I purchased the same barrel from Midway in November. Love the barrel. I started shooting some "break in" rounds (shoot & clean), but after the first couple of rounds there was almost zero copper coming out on the patches so I began to shoot groups. Just using factory Hornady 123gr A-Max stuff, 1/2-5/8" groups at 100 yards were the norm. Great barrel. The weird thing is that Midway no longer carries the Shilen barrel. I had originally ordered a Satern barrel but got tired of seeing the delivery dates pushed out over and over again. I finally ordered the Shilen and figured I'd take which ever came in first, and cancel the order for the other. I feel blessed to have received the Shilen.

Comment

Working...
          X