TEMPLAR CUSTOM WEAPONS SHOOT AND DEMO Saturday June 25, 2011 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEMPLAR CUSTOM WEAPONS SHOOT AND DEMO Saturday June 25, 2011 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Dr

TEMPLAR CUSTOM WEAPONS SHOOT AND DEMO Saturday June 25, 2011 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Drakes Landing

3146 Chalybeate Springs Road Fuquay Varina, NC 27526

You are cordially invited to attend our new product demonstration and test fire our line of firearms and accessories. Visit our website by clicking on the logo above. Food and Refreshments will be available immediately following the demo/shoot.

You may bring your own hearing/eye protection ** Please RSVP to Bobjr@templarconsultingllc.com or by calling 1-877-878-2334 (Note: Limit of 3 persons from each department/organization - thank you) We will have available for you to try: FastRail Forend and Quick Change Barrel System - New Design WCI/Templar Sound Suppressors - Precision Long Range Rifles - Line of Select Fire Carbines - Short Barrel Rifles.
    Attached Files

Well? How was it? Pictures? Writeups? Lol

Comment

• RangerRick

It was good. Everyone got got to shot a Grendel with their new can and a 5.56 with the Templar fast rail.

The can works really well. Since others were shooting unsuppressed rifles at the same time you could really tell the difference.

The fast rail is really amazing. You can go from Grendel to 5.56 to 50 Beowulf in under 2 minutes with a standard upper and lower. Bob at Templar is selling a rifle in a single case with all three barrels. Pictures to follow.

Comment

Glad you could attend Rick!!!

I hope you got to shoot until your trigger finger was sore.

Comment

• RangerRick

Some pics:

Bob Reynolds loosens the Templar Fast rail for removal. An allen wrench is used for this:

The rail slides off over the suppressor. Note the long barrel nut. The Fast Rail System Can be used with any mil spec AR-15/M-16/M-4. The rails are available in 12 and 14 inch lengths.

Bob uses an armorer's wrench to loosen barrel nut. It's knurled so you can hand tighten in a pinch. Hundreds of rounds were fired through this suppressed Grendel after Bob put the barrel back on. We were shooting at 3 inch round exploding targets at 200 yards. Everybody who fired was getting easy head shots on metal targets at 200, so there wasn't much change in zero from removing and reattaching the barrel.

More pics in next message
          Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2011, 04:11 AM. Reason: fix picture

Comment

Nice pics Rick, you can see that the Templar Fast Rail removes leaving the gas block and even the WCI/Templar suppressor on!

The Templar MCWS is going to sell like it's on fire to guys that need that type of versatility for a rifle that they use for work.

The best part is that if you use a Vortex Viper of other good scope you can record your zeros and then make the adjustment to the only scope you need to have, still attached to the rifle.

Comment

• RangerRick

Here's the suppressed Grendel with the Templar Fast Rail on the firing line:

Front view of the 5.56 with Fast Rail. Note the sling swivel mount point on the back of the rail and the bipod mount in front.:

5.56 being fired:

More pics in next post
              Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2011, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• RangerRick

Templar Rifle with 50 Beowulf barrel mounted and Grendel barrel above. 5.56 barrels are available too, but you'll also have to change bolts for them.

With this system, you don't need a whole new upper to change calibers. You can plink with cheap 5.56 ammo. Then switch barrels and bolts to hunt with the Grendel while keeping all of your other hardware on your upper.

Closer view of the spare Grendel Barrel:

Armorer's wrench and allen wrench needed for rail removal and barrel change along with the three barrel nuts- 5.56, 6.5 Grendel, and 50 Beowulf:

Templar sign with Fast Rail info. They are available in 12 and 14 inch lengths. If you take the barrels off, you can carry the upper and lower, a couple of barrels and magazines in a small suitcase.

You can use standard, barrels with the system. Removing the barrel makes cleaning both the barrel and upper easier.

Comment

• RangerRick

Yeah, we burned a lot of ammo! Bob built my Grendel and an AR-10 in 308 for a buddy of mine. The suppressors are really effective. Since people were shooting side by side with unsuppressed , you could really tell the difference. It was very tolerable without hearing protection. It was hard to tell but I think most of the sound was coming from the supersonic bullet.

I fired a buddy's Sure Fire suppressed M-4 and this was much quieter. The Sure Fire was much bigger too, so no way you are getting a rail off over it.

The only thing I noticed was that the ammo got a lot dirtier than usual, common with suppressors I guess. I was surprised they were using a standard gas block with it. I guess it would work even better with the gas dialed down some.

They grilled up burgers, chicken, and hot dogs too, so it was a good time. This range built a two level range building, so you could go upstairs and practice down angle shooting, like people do from tree stands around here. There was a concrete floor upstairs in case some knucklehead on either level had an AD. They had office type padded chairs with adjustable height, so it was a lot more comfortable than this old Infantryman was used too.

While we were shooting a couple of wild turkeys walked right through the soy bean field beside us, too bad they are out of season!

I shot some video too, I'll try to get it uploaded ASAP.

Rick
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2011, 04:57 AM.

Comment

So it uses standard barrels and standard uppers. The only real difference is the rail and the barrel nut? Also is the rail indexed in some way to make sure it alligns with the upper with each install?

Comment

Originally posted by RangerRick View Post

So, that's what my suppressor will look like? Nice!

When I talked to Bob he asked if I was going to make the shoot, but driving to NC was a little far, so I missed out on this one. Nice pics, RR. Look forward to the video.

I think the fast rail system is going to be a wiiner, too.!

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by z06man View Post
                        So it uses standard barrels and standard uppers. The only real difference is the rail and the barrel nut? Also is the rail indexed in some way to make sure it alligns with the upper with each install?
                        It fits over the front of the upper and overlaps the upper a little to align it. You adjust two allen screws at the top and bottom of the back of the railto slide over the front portion of the carrying handle on an A1 style upper or the upper rail on a flat top, but you only need to adjust them once. One of the other allen screws has to be tightened to get the rail off instead of loosened. From what I could see, when you put it on and loosen that allen screw, it opens up inside the front of the barrel nut to get it to center. Another allen screw is tightened to clamp onto the back of the long barrel nut.

I was leery of two allen screws being able to hold it solid, but you can stand on it and it doesn't move. I guess the elongated barrel nut is a key part of the design.

It fits on mil spec uppers, I don't know how much it will open up for other uppers, or if it will even fit.

There are no teeth to line up with the gas tube hole like a standard barrel nut, so the gas tube stays on the barrel. You just stick it through the hole and tighten the Templar barrel nut. I guess the armorer's wrench is not a standard one since that is much smaller in diameter. The wrench comes with the kit, though.

You obviously can't use it with a large gas block.

As for weight, the 12 inch rail weighs 15.5 ounces and the 14 in rail is 18 ounces. I don't know how that compares to others.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by RStewart View Post
                          So, that's what my suppressor will look like? Nice!

When I talked to Bob he asked if I was going to make the shoot, but driving to NC was a little far, so I missed out on this one. Nice pics, RR. Look forward to the video.

I think the fast rail system is going to be a wiiner, too.!
                          I don't know how they get the suppression out of such a small device, I guess it's long and skinny instead of short and fat.

I haven't even looked at the videos yet, so hopefully I got some decent shots. Will post ASAP.

RR

Comment

• RangerRick

That's a great idea (where it's safe to do that). Nothing for the shock wave to reflect from.

RR

Comment

• RangerRick

Here's a video of the suppressed Grendel being fired. You can hear the shots from unsuppressed firing on other lanes to kind of compare.

When the guy with the ear muffs in the white T-shirt (a guy smoking a stogie behind him) fires about 1 minute and 5 seconds into the video you can hear what seems to be the bullet scream down range. I've heard bullets scream off rocks when they tumble (surprising how much it sounds like the movies). What would cause one to sound like that out of the barrel? I'm not sure it was from the shot fired here, it may have hit a steel target and tumbled.

Click on the picture below to open a Photo Bucket page with the video.

RR

Comment

Working...
                              X