AR740 - 31
    AR24 - 13
    303 - 0
    318 - 8
    304 - 11
    310 - 0
    319 - 8
    311 - 6

See end of this post for the original post.

Disclaimer: Every INDIVIDUAL purchasing a barrel is responsible for knowing and abiding by the laws in their area.

Lilja Barrel Group Buy Order Form: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0br6kza8rw...0Template.xlsx
    .....Please fill out the spread sheet and email it to me.cory.m.clark@gmail.com
    .....The above is a link to a spread sheet order form I've constructed. You only need to fill in information in the columns WITHOUT colored headers.
    .....There's a legend in the upper left hand corner to explain the different colored headers and some of the choices.
    .....If you're ordering multiple barrels please fill out the barrel information in as many rows as you want barrels. i.e. if you want 2 barrels you should have 2 rows of barrel information filled out.

Intended Process and Timeline:
    .....Once I have all the orders compiled I'll send it to Dan for approval of orders. If your barrel is approved or requested to be altered by Dan I'll send the order form back to you for approval.
    .....Once Dan and the buyer approves the order I'll start collecting deposits. I'll send the funds in full to Dan once I have all the deposits or I get a lul in the income of deposits after I have 25 deposits. After that I'll send Dan ~10 orders at a time until all deposits are sent.
    .....I'd like to have all order forms filled out and in my email by Aug 20th.
    .....I'd like to have funds in Dan's possession by Sept. 6th. That should make for a good Christmas present.

Latest Information:

Chamber:
    6.5 Grendel SAAMI Spec

Deposit
    .....25% deposit will be required to place a order, which will be sent in full to Lilja.

Barrel Price
    .....@25 Barrels:
    ..........Barrel - $415 per Barrel
    ..........Fluting - $115 per Barrel
    .....There's an additional discount @50 barrels. Dan didn't say how much, but he did say it isn't a lot.
    .....3% Discount for Payment via check(as anticipated)
    .....Price doesn't include shipping.

Coating
    .....LRRPF52 has generously agreed to cerakote the barrels if you want something other than the plain silver barrel
    .....Price per Barrel $45 + shipping (subject to change BEFORE buy is finalized)
    Cerakote options:
    .....H-Series
    ..........Flat Dark Earth
    ..........Coyote Tan
    ..........Desert Tan
    ..........OD Green
    ..........Sniper Grey
    ..........Graphite Black

Bolt:
    .....Unfortunately Lilja doesn't make or sell bolts.
    .....A bolt group buy is currently in the works with Maxim Firearms, that I feel confident in.
    .....You can send a specific bolt for your barrel to be head spaced too.
    .....Worst case scenario we send a new unused bolt the group agrees upon to Lilja for all the barrels to be head spaced too.

Barrel Contour Options
    .....You are required to select from one of the following 5 contour/gas systems
    ..........AR24 RLGS 23"
    ..........AR740 RLGS 20"
    ..........318 MLGS 18.88"
    ..........319 MLGS 18.88"
    ..........311 MLGS 16.88"
    ..........304 MLGS 16.88"
    .....The barrel profiles are only available in the designated length.
    .....AR740 - .975" diameter in front of the barrel extension with the Wasp section turned to a diameter of .750" and then tapering back up to .975" diameter at the gas block. The gas block section is turned to .750" and from the gas block to the muzzle the diameter is .740". The barrel length is 20" including the barrel extension and is set for a rifle-length gas system. The muzzle end is threaded .500" x 28 TPI (threading is not shown in this image). Weight of a 20" is 2.60 pounds.

.....AR24 - .975" diameter from the barrel extension to the gas block section, gas block section is turned to .936" diameter for a large gas block and the forward section is .875" diameter with a finished length of 23.5" including the barrel extension. This barrel uses a rifle-length gas system. Weight of this 23.5" is 4.16 pounds.

.....M4: .975" diameter for 2" then a radius down to .850" diameter to the .750" diameter gas block section. From the gas block to the muzzle the diameter is .725". Barrel length is 17" including the M4-type barrel extension and the M4 barrels are furnished with a .500" x 28 TPI x .600" long threaded muzzle. The gas system is carbine-length. This barrel profile is an exact copy of the Recon barrel we've made for the US Navy SEALS. Weight is 2.18 pounds. Engraved: Lilja M4 .223 8T.
    The M4 can’t be modified other than with fluting and gas system.

.....Dan said any of Lilja's standard is an option
    .....He gave me this link, when he told me any of their standard contours are GTG:
    .......... http://www.riflebarrels.com/products...ar_dropins.htm
    .....If the contour you want isn't in the link let me know and I'll ask if it's an option
    .....Talking to him it sounded like others may be ok
    .....The feeling I got from talking to Dan was the more barrels we buy and more requests for a specific contour we have the more likely they are to be an approved option. This, for me, is perfectly understandable.

Gas System Options
    .....16"-18" Mid Length Gas System
    .....18"-24" Rifle Length Gas System
    .....I didn't ask about a Carbine Length system as Lilja doesn't offer a sub 16" barrel.
    .....If another GS/Barrel Length is wanted let me know and I'll ask

Twist option:
    .....Half Twists are NOT an option as Lilja doesn't do half twists
    .....Dan said the twist would be an option, but recommended a 1:8 twist as that has been their standard for 6.5 barrels

Thread Options
    .....Unthreaded
    .....5/8 X 24 - This is their standard twist
    .....9/16 - They've never done this twist, but they would if there is enough demand

Lead Time
    .....Approximately 16 weeks from time order is placed.

I'll be keeping a list of those have claimed a barrel, but I'm going to avoid posting any lists of names. Some people don't want the world to know what they have and I'm going to respect that. (Lets make the NSA work for it. HAHA) If for some reason you want to claim a barrel, but you want to keep that private please feel free to PM me.

I still want to encourage everyone to continue to post their interest as they've been doing.

Original Post:
    I've been talking with Dan at Lilja about a Grendel AR barrel. The only way that'll happen at this time is to buy a blank from Lilja and have a gunsmith finish it.

I've been inquiring about a Group buy discount as I've seen several people looking for a barrel on here.

I had asked what it'd take to get a Grendel AR drop in barrel.

Dan has said, "Yes, we’d need a minimum of 25 to start a new cartridge in the AR’s."

I'm still talking with him about further details.

Is there any interest in this type of group buy at this time?
    Last edited by cory; 09-25-2013, 03:44 AM. Reason: Barrel Count
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • lilharcher
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

I'm in for One.....Lilja is cream of the crop. I'd be most interested in an 18" with their famous 740 contour.......lighter weight and still a shooter.
    Last edited by lilharcher; 08-05-2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• second strike

20'' med. contour ,,count me in...have 2 in 5.56 and they are very accurate..Rich

Comment

I'm interested. Does the group buy all have to be one contour/profile?

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
          Chieftain
          • May 2012

Does Lilja make bolts or will they be subject to the same problem we have throughout the market already? That said I am interested

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          I'm interested. Does the group buy all have to be one contour/profile?
          From Lilja website:
          Price for all barrel types as of January 2013 is $465 or five for $415 each (contours can be mixed) fluting adds $130 or $115 with five barrel discount.

I would assume group buys are subject similar to multi barrel discount which allows mixed contours and fluting
          Last edited by mongoosesnipe; 08-05-2013, 04:54 PM.
          Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

LRRPF52 I'm waiting on an email to find out if they'll be any options.

I've asked if they'll include a bolt or if we'll have to supply for head spacing.

One down fall is they won't offer any coating. They have suggested someone. I figure if there's enough interest in that we can get a group rate there too.

Comment

I can do my own coating no problem. Heck, I'll do the coating for the group, with different color options if everybody wants.

Comment

• lilharcher
                Warrior
                • Feb 2013

Very cool of you LRRPF52

Comment

• montana
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

I'm interested, count me in on one, my brother personally knows Dan and said he's a great guy.

Comment

• cory
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2012

LRRPF52 that's awesome of you man.

If you haven't seen his work before you need to do a search. If you weren't excited about this before you will be now!

Comment

Just to be clear, it will take a bit of materials, time, and effort to knock them out. I'm thinking $45 per should cover each barrel.

The H-Series Cerakote colors I currently have are:

Flat Dark Earth
                      Coyote Tan
                      Desert Tan
                      OD Green
                      Sniper Grey
                      Graphite Black

If this goes through, forum members can let me know if they want any other colors than those, like stainless or burnt bronze.

The best thing about Cerakote is that I can sleep easy knowing that every coated surface of my firearms never needs attention again really. Acids, rust, oils, rain, and sweat will never pose an oxidizing threat to the surfaces ever again. On an AR15, the only thing that needs attention is the BCG, FCG, extension teeth, chamber, and bore.

For the parts coated with Cerakote, I just brush them off with a dry barber brush if I don't like the dust or debris on there.

For barrels, the gas block journal gets taped-off with high-temp tape so that no product enters the gas port. I also plug the muzzle with an ear plug when spraying.

Comment

You guys might want to consider Rodney at MMI Trutec (RT Guncoatings) for some salt bath nitride. I think he charges around 60 bucks a barrel plus shipping. He would do the bolts, and muzzle devices, etc. too. That would cost a little more of course. I know a lot of people are weary of doing that with the extension installed though. He says he does it all the time though, no problems.

Turn around time might be a problem on that though.
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I'm interested, 18" medium to light contour, plain bead blasted stainless works for me.

Comment

• XcountryRider

I need a cost figure.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2012

holy bad timing batman...I just got a couple of premium uppers...I might still be in for another barrel or two depending on how quickly you get to your order

Comment

Working...
                              X