• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by montana View Post
    http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...product_id=129

There is none better than the SLR Sentry gas blocks.
    +1
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

The .750 set screw version is the best for that Lilja 740? That is medium length gas system too isn't it?

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

The .750 is necessary, but you can go set screw or clamp. I'm going clamp with my next one. The 740 has a rifle length gas system.
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

Here is the clamp on version, my favorite if it will fit under the hand guard. http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...product_id=123

Comment

• Jakal
            Warrior
            • May 2014

Originally posted by montana View Post
            Here is the clamp on version, my favorite if it will fit under the hand guard. http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...product_id=123

This is the one that I just ordered for my AR740 Lilja.
            ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I've used the SLR, PRI and MicroMOA.

MicroMOA - All about accurate shooting (Coming Soon)

The MicroMOA is my favorite because it's "switchable" with a cross sliding plate vs. adjustable with a screw. They have several plates available including one starter holes only so you can drill your own port sizes.

Down site- it's not infinitely adjustable without drilling. Up side- it's repeatable between 2 or 3 port sizes for different load pressures, ie. full power unsuppressed, full power suppressed, subsonic suppressed.

If you are going to tune in for one load and stick with it, one of the adjustable might be the better choice. If you are going to be changing between different conditions, the switchable is a better choice IMO.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                Warrior
                • Mar 2013

I have an SLR in .750" that is clamp-on style. This was bought new early this year and hasn't been installed. I think it is an SL7, I'll have to look later, but I think they have their new name Sentry line out.

If anybody is interested, PM me. I might get around to putting it up for sale here soon.

Comment

• Jakal
                  Warrior
                  • May 2014

Looks like the SLR wants to be mounted on the shoulder of my Lilja 740 20 inch barrel. The .025-.030 gap is not needed.
                  ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

I put a Syrac clamp on style on my Grendel. Six clicks open for suppressed and 10 for un-suppressed. Very simple and easy to use.

Comment

Working...
                    X