Has anyone got a bolt or barrel from CSS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the risk of sounding silly, I am not sure that CSS still stands for Competition Shooting Sports. Competition Shooting Sports, Inc. was the company owned by Arne Brennan a number of years ago. The old website is still up, but I doubt that it has been updated for several years. Mr Brennan sold the business to Lothar Walther and I seem to recall that they kept the acronym CSS but they might have changed title slightly.
    I admit, however, that my memory is not the best.

As had been stated before in this thread:
    "CSS is apparently functioning as the consumer marketing arm for LW."
    The (770)-889-9998 is the Lothar Walther number in Georgia, USA.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-25-2013, 03:51 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Castor Troy View Post
      placed my order at the end of december 2012 for an 18" barrel and bolt. still dont have it
      Originally posted by Wild Geese 1 View Post
      I ordered two bbls in Dec 2012, one for an ar, with a bolt, and one for a bolt rifle build, I sent several emails requesting the statis of my order, and received several replays, all saying that my barrels should be shipped in the next batch, or within the next two weeks. So far nothing.
      FWIW you've got til the end of the day to cancel those orders and place an order for a Lilja Barrel.
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• aclark
        Warrior
        • Dec 2011

Keeping both of mine. While I'm sure that the Lilja wont fall through or get "backordered" you just never know. Figured if the Lilja comes I'll cancel the CSS, if the CSS comes first I'll hold on to it until the Lilja ships and then sell one of them.

Comment

• Tedward
          Banned
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by aclark View Post
          Keeping both of mine. While I'm sure that the Lilja wont fall through or get "backordered" you just never know. Figured if the Lilja comes I'll cancel the CSS, if the CSS comes first I'll hold on to it until the Lilja ships and then sell one of them.
          My exact thought too. We'll probably get both at the same time, Murphy Rules... can't get any or have more than you need....

Comment

This is hilarious. You don't. Don't give him any BS and don't pester him, and you'll be treated with respect. Don't, and he'll tell you to pound sand. Their turnaround times are very long, but their barrels are worth it. I did 4 group buys with them the past 4 years, and average delivery time was 6-7 months. They fill orders as they get blanks and bolts, with the bolts being the hold up most of the time for Grendel barrels.

Originally posted by Walter View Post
            How did you get on his good side?

Comment

• bigbear_98
              Warrior
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by tx4guns View Post
              This is hilarious. You don't. Don't give him any BS and don't pester him, and you'll be treated with respect. Don't, and he'll tell you to pound sand. Their turnaround times are very long, but their barrels are worth it. I did 4 group buys with them the past 4 years, and average delivery time was 6-7 months. They fill orders as they get blanks and bolts, with the bolts being the hold up most of the time for Grendel barrels.
              It isn't funny at all. If you look at it without knowing CSS is lothar walther, it seems like an Internet scam. You wouldn't buy anything else of financial substance the same way.

Internet only company with lothar walther barrels "in stock". No contact info except an email address. When you email they might answer in a few weeks. Do your research and find that the rumors on the Internet are that CSS and lw are the same. Spend $500+. Find out your back ordered. Email the address they gave again, get no real answers. Can't call because there are no numbers.

I called lothar walther myself and now I'm comforted knowing that they did indeed absorb CSS. I still didn't get confirmation on my order, but knowing that I didn't give $500 to the Some guy in India I feel much better. I have played the NFA game a few times so I'm not afraid to wait. I just like information.

Comment

• peligro113
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2013

That be fine if they weren't holding your money hostage while you wait, if a company can't be bothered to update their customers then maybe they shouldn't be in a industry which requires some customer service. I like the way Saturn does it, you place an order no money is exchanged and they will let you know when the barrel is ready....and they actually answer their phones when you call.

Comment

The situation isn't funny, but the guy asking about how to get on their good side was. I had a $20,000 order with them a couple years ago, and it was the same experience. They did deliver eventually, and the barrels drive tacks, so you get what you get.

Comment

• peligro113
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2013

The situation isn't funny, but the guy asking about how to get on their good side was. I had a $20,000 order with them a couple years ago, and it was the same experience. They did deliver eventually, and the barrels drive tacks, so you get what you get.
                    That is not the correct answer. I also like NFA so waiting 6-12 months for something isn't a new concept for me, but if I decide to call to find out the status of my approval, which I never do, someone better pick up the phone. The companies that get away with doing "stuff" like this continue to do it because people accept it. I on the other hand chose to protest with my wallet and buy elsewhere. YMMV

Comment

I'm biased because 3/4 of my ARs have their barrels, and the other is a Liberty (Satern). I can definitely see a difference in their business models, but LW is a supplier for many big rifle companies, so those orders always get priority over the small guys. The custom orders are probably a PITA to them. I honestly don't get the CSS company or why they keep it active. It doesn't appear to serve any purpose.

Comment

• Walter
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2013

The problem is they told me they would ship in two weeks. They said they have every to make the barrel, and the bolts were in hand. I was told that 3 months ago.

Comment

• chuckbuster243

I emailed tom at css first to make sure bolts were in stock. He said the were. I ordered one and that was 3 months ago. I have been emailing every 3 or 4 weeks and getting a reply of "they will ship out next week". This is bs don't tell me you have something when you don't!

Comment

I've been hearing the same story since I got an order confirmation on Jan. 4th. of this year. I suspect this guy is out of business, or having major problems. I've pretty much given up on him. I do expect to see a Shilen barrel and bolt in October from Midway USA.

Comment

• bigbear_98
                              Warrior
                              • Aug 2013

Anything from anybody recently? Last I spoke with someone at lothar walther they were going to have 18" barrels out about now. Anything?

Comment

• keystone183
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2013

65csstech@bellsouth.net

Comment

Working...
                                X