• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

New Gun Trust Regulations

If you live in an area where your CLEO won't sign of on an NFA item (suppressor, sbr, lmg), and you were thinking about bypassing that with a Gun Trust you had better do that ASAP.

The administration, through the ATF, is enacting new regulation, where each NFA item on the trust will have to be authorized per your CLEO.

I'm still a little foggy on all the details, but I believe this may affect who you can have on the trust.

I just heard about this from my FFL here in madison. Silent Industries a Class 7 Manufacturer.

The comment period ends Dec. 8th.

It looks like I'll be joining the suppressor club sooner than I planned.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • explorecaves

Yup - And with the potential shut down in January, I have to sit on the money I would be using to get my toys….

Comment

Our local SOTs have been getting mixed advice from the gun gestapo. Some have been told to already start including photos and fingerprint cards for all in the trust (but without CLEO sign off) and others have been told to start doing photos, prints, and CLEO signoffs in December.

Starcherpanicbuyinow!
      Last edited by Guest; 11-09-2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• COTNTOP
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

The guy i get my suppressors from says do it before Jan and you will be grandfathered. Hope he is right.

Comment

Working...
        X