Looking to be a Grendel owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to be a Grendel owner

So I'm new to the Grendel (so new in fact that I don't own one yet but am looking for one), and have the opportunity to buy a used one. A Quality Arms one. I was searching the forum for info on the side charging and came across a thread and thought maybe this is a good spot to ask my question.

Here is the description:
    You get the gun and a very nice pair of LWRC Pop up iron sights. Has a Magpul ACS Stock and Tactical Ergogrip. Comes with 190 brass (even though I've shot less than 100 rounds through it), brass was collected from other shooters, and 300 Hornady reloadable bullet tips that were $40 per box of 100 each. Also comes with the Blackhawk Sportster 9-13" Retractable and pivot bipod. Just bought this beast a few months back is all and am only selling due to some bills, priorities, and other things going on. Gun is not even close to being broken in yet and is in brand new condition, its just been sitting in the gun safe and slicked and cleaned up. Also comes with 2 extra $30 magazines. (3) 24 round magazines and (1) 10 round mag total. Also comes with a custom 6.5 Grendel reloading book. Lastly, it has an additional $180 Rock River Sportster 2 Stage Trigger kit.

has less than 100 rounds through it. Its not even broken in yet. Asking 1800. Only came with one magazine, but I bought 3 more @ $35 each and each box of Hornady Ammo to reload was $35 also. The bipod is $50 as well.
    So the Grendel rifle with:
    • LWRC Pop up iron sights
    • Magpul ACS Stock
    • Tactical Ergogrip
    • 190 brass
    • 300 Hornady reloadable bullet tips
    • Blackhawk Sportster 9-13" Retractable and pivot bipod
    • 2 extra $30 magazines
    • (3) 24 round magazines
    • (1) 10 round mag
    • custom 6.5 Grendel reloading book
    • $180 Rock River Sportster 2 Stage Trigger kit

He has it listed at $1800. I offered him $1500. Said he would sell it to me for $1700.

Good deal?

• rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

There is something about the way the ad reads that seems flakey. I think there are better guns for sale on this forum.

You will not regret buying a Grendel. I love mine.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Tedward
      Banned
      • Feb 2013

Quality Arms are great and he paid to much for his mags, $11 to $15 on Midway, the book is what it is, get the Grendel Reloading book here. I think the 129's are very standard and each box of bullets is about $30. Also if he has more brass than rounds doesn't add up. I really doubt anyone else was shooting a Grendel at the same range on the same day. If it was his friends gun, he would have taken the Grendel brass... Yes all the details don't sound right but that is a good rifle when new.

So a new QA is $1,600.http://www.qualityarms.net/grendel. But he has the side charger so I think thats a few hundred add on. http://www.qualityarms.net/catalog/custom-uppers

Call QA and ask Jim.

good luck

Also what length barrel and who made it?

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Dawg has caught the right scent on this one. Red flag. Nobody I know has ever referred to projectiles as reloadable bullet tips. All the prices on the "extras" seem wrong, as well. It might be on the level, but I'd proceed with caution.
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

So the Grendel rifle with:

LWRC Pop up iron sights
          Magpul ACS Stock
          Tactical Ergogrip
          190 brass
          300 Hornady reloadable bullet tips
          Blackhawk Sportster 9-13" Retractable and pivot bipod
          2 extra $30 magazines
          (3) 24 round magazines
          (1) 10 round mag
          custom 6.5 Grendel reloading book
          $180 Rock River Sportster 2 Stage Trigger kit
          http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod19696.aspx

I haven't heard of a Sportster 2-stage RRA trigger, but they have had the National Match 2-stage for a long time. You can click on the link to see what they are retail.

$1700 is fair. I personally would want to see what groups it shoots for anything over $1100-$1200. Is the case included? Ask for close-ups of the bolt, with a clear view of the extractor as seen from the side.

The brass alone is probably worth $90-$100 if only 1x fired, and Lapua. If it's once-fired Hornady, it's worth maybe $75 tops. If it's Wolf, not much bargaining chip material really.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            I personally would want to see what groups it shoots for anything over $1100-$1200.
            Here is his original offering, it included a scope and when no one bit, he changed up what he was offering.

PRICE REDUCED! This is an absolute steal! Only 100 rounds shot through this, its not even broken in yet. Near and like brand new AR15 in 6.5 Grendel from Quality Arms in Rigby, ID. This rifle is the best AR I have ever owned. You can also buy a 5.56/223 upper and place it on this. Shoots sub moa groups to 500 yards, and probably 600 if you do your part, but I've done it consistently at 500. Comes with (3) 24 round magazines and (1) 10 round magazine. Only selling cus of hard times and must part with it due to other priorities, bills, plans, etc. Comes with a Vortex Viper PST Scope 6-24x50 MOA Reticle. So far, this scope has gotten me out to 1,500 yards and hitting a 15x15" AR500 steel plate. Also has Dueck Defense Offset 45 degree iron sights on it for close range shooting out to 3-400 yards and then you can switch to extended ranges beyond that with the scope. Right now its sighted in for 2 inches high at 200 yards. Lastly, comes with a Blackhawk Sportster 9-13" retractable bipod. Nickle Boron plated bolt carrier and Rock River National Varmint Match 2 stage trigger. Magpul ACS stock and tactical ergo grip. Gun shoots like a dream. IF you've never heard of the 6.5 Grendel, do some research on it and all of its ballistics, you will be impressed. Or I can fill you in on all of that if you are interested. The rifle was $1,900 new, the scope was $900 and the offset iron sights were $230. Just over 3 grand invested in this bad boy. Asking a generous $2,400. Comes with about 40 rounds of Wolf Ammo to get you started, 200 brass (that I collected from other shooters), 150 rounds of reloadable projectiles, a $90 value not included in the price, and two extra magazines that were also $40 each which Im not including in the price.

Comment

• tackdriver
              Warrior
              • Feb 2013

I don't know to many (any) people that call 3-400 yds short range. The claim of hitting a 15*15" plate at 1500yds. ???? I am sure I am not the only one shaking my head while reading this. There are several red flags and if he pays $40 per mag I have 5 I would like to sell so I can get a SSA trigger for the 16" grendel I am wanting to sell . There are a couple of Grendel's for sale on here that are very legit. I would read the writing on the wall before I dumped that cash. I sent a pm yesterday and it is negotiable.

Comment

• Tedward
                Banned
                • Feb 2013

Maybe the guy bought it and doesn't know JACK so is getting out of his unknown hobby. As they pointed out many concerns, take not to all of them and get the info before jumping the gun. Used is for a reason some times.

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

He's offering Wolf ammo, and unknown brass, yet he's taken it to 1500 yards? Hmmmm.... With what ammo?

Comment

• tackdriver
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2013

This seller should run for oval office is what it sounds like. Lol

Comment

There was a video or post of a Quality Arms Grendel shooting well past 1000yds and printing a pretty tight group up in Idaho. It was well above sea level, so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility, as I discovered with my 16" Grendel.

I'm pretty sure they were using either a Scenar or A-MAX though, not Wolf. I don't see Wolf ammo for sale in the ad either.

Comment

• tackdriver
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2013

I could maybe see 1100 or even 1200 yds. Gravity is playing pretty big as those velocities become anemic. I will admit that I shoot mine at no more than 1250' above sea level and it is HARD to hit at 1k w/20"

Comment

With the Hornady factory 123gr A-MAX, at 4400ft ASL, 80 F, my 16" is still supersonic at 1318yds. 1200yds was scarily easy for me to hit repeatedly in no wind.

Comment

Thank you. I appreciate you helping out a stranger.

Comment

Working...
                            X