Bullpup Lovers, a Sneak Peak at Something New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullpup Lovers, a Sneak Peak at Something New

Not sure if they are the best company to offer this, as die hard Kel-Tec owners will tell you straight up that never by Gen I anything from Kel-Tec, but it is interesting when you look at the caliber choices.

I would still like to see an AUG in Grendel, which supposedly has been in the works for years.
  • explorecaves

Prefer the Tavor when I look at bull pups…

Comment

• babue
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Love bull pups. My go to rifle is an FS2000 and I would get an AUG in Grendel in a heartbeat but a Kel-Tec, I expect that to be a never happen. Kel-Tec is far from being a Tier 1 product you could trust your life to, as a range toy, maybe, but nothing more than that.

Comment

• GMinor
        Warrior
        • Sep 2013

When I buy a bull pup rifle it will be a DTA...

Comment

• GMinor
          Warrior
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by babue View Post
          Love bull pups. My go to rifle is an FS2000 and I would get an AUG in Grendel in a heartbeat but a Kel-Tec, I expect that to be a never happen. Kel-Tec is far from being a Tier 1 product you could trust your life to, as a range toy, maybe, but nothing more than that.
          Truth

Comment

I would guess that if Kel Tec does a Grendel in 6.5 Grendel they will do one in their SU 16 also. Good! One would guess that whatever hurt feelings they got from AA 7-8 years ago when they stopped working on a Grendel are over now. Kel Tec is real factory operation, not a one man shop. Its just the thing we need.

Comment

I thought that the IWI Trevor was able to go to 6.5 Grendel once there was a barrel for it.

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                I thought that the IWI Trevor was able to go to 6.5 Grendel once there was a barrel for it.
                Need a bolt too

Comment

• stanprophet

It does not exists, you will only ever see reviews and pictures on the internet. Kel tec only makes small caliber hand guns and about 2 SU-16'S per year.

You will have to wait for Ruger's version to hit the streets

On a serious note It would be cool, not holding my breath about seeing any in the LGS or available for under tripple MSRP on GB.

Comment

The thing that really bothers me about the Tavor, aside from the atrocious trigger, is the gas port location. It has so much dwell time, so they must have significant carrier mass and recoil spring strength in the gun.

It makes no sense to locate the gas port that close to the chamber with these barrel lengths, unless there is something to balance it out, but even still, that long barrel with such a short gas system length does not look well conceived. There are guys saying it has less recoil impulse than an AR15, while shooting Wolf through it, then other videos showing it recoiling very hard with brass-cased ammo, so I'll have to wring one out myself.

Comment

The sights are so tall a lot of people won't buy it.

Comment

In the picture it looks like there is a rail out front to allow for low scope mounting.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2013

I didn't know that about the Tavor, LRRPF52. That is like a pistol length or less port.
                          What is it with bull pups having terrible triggers. I had an FN FS2000 and the trigger is awful. But the gun itself was awesome. I like the idea of the bull pup for urban scenarios. The FS2000 had a great feel to it with all the weight right up against you in tight. It would be a great home defense gun for ease of access and for getting around easier. It was a wide at the fore grip. I heard somebody say it was like holding a tuna. I did like the gun a lot and FNH makes awesome stuff. If only they would make a SCAR in 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by Keep The Change View Post
                            I didn't know that about the Tavor, LRRPF52. That is like a pistol length or less port.
                            What is it with bull pups having terrible triggers. I had an FN FS2000 and the trigger is awful. But the gun itself was awesome. I like the idea of the bull pup for urban scenarios. The FS2000 had a great feel to it with all the weight right up against you in tight. It would be a great home defense gun for ease of access and for getting around easier. It was a wide at the fore grip. I heard somebody say it was like holding a tuna. I did like the gun a lot and FNH makes awesome stuff. If only they would make a SCAR in 6.5 Grendel.
                            It is due to the fulcrum lever required to release the hammer. It will always be a heavy trigger thanks to that pesky thing called physics.

Comment

• Keep The Change
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2013

I never took apart the FS2000 trigger group but yeah I agree that the hammer is now a long way away from the trigger. I can understand heaviness but the creep was bad as well. I can understand that as well being you have longer train of mechanisms. But it seems like it could definitley be smoother.

However, a bull pup is designed for CQB and trigger action is not that critical like it is when making a 200-300 yd shot and you aren't expected to take many of those shots in CQB and even if it makes it way outside a structure.

Comment

Working...
                              X