Left Hand Bolt for AR Grendel Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Hand Bolt for AR Grendel Build

This has been mentioned a few times, but I haven't found an actual answer. Are there any manufacturers that make a left handed Grendel bolt with a barrel combo? I've asked a few of you about this via PM as well.

I don't need to hear the "lefties can shoot right handed guns fine" argument(s). All of my rifles are left handed and I want a left handed Grendel Not looking to be convinced otherwise, just want info on how to make it happen.
  • explorecaves

Turn the gun upside down? Ok, I will leave now...

Comment

• bigbear_98
      Warrior
      • Aug 2013

Isn't the bolt the same? I think the bolt carrier is the handed part... I may be wrong though.

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by bigbear_98 View Post
        Isn't the bolt the same? I think the bolt carrier is the handed part... I may be wrong though.
        Extractor is in the wrong location to be able to just swap bolts

Comment

It requires a left handed bolt and bcg. I know several on here have built them and should have some good info.

Comment

• bigbear_98
            Warrior
            • Aug 2013

Ok. Good info. Thought they could just be spun 180.

Comment

• Ridgerider

Call Quality Arms Idaho they can sort you out with the left bolt and uppers etc.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                Warrior
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by kingalw View Post
                . . . All of my rifles are left handed and I want a left handed Grendel Not looking to be convinced otherwise, just want info on how to make it happen.
                kingalw,

There's good news for those of us who need/prefer to shoot a 6.5 Grendel from the left shoulder http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...ington&p=78719 (See Reply #11, #12).

But, until K&M Arms get's it all together, I've "talked" an AR-15 into changing its "attitude" --- 90 degrees right. It works like a charm http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...7-Gren&p=74605 (Scroll down to Reply #27. To Update: I today received my AR-Stoner Barrel and Bolt AR-15 6.5 Grendel Medium M4 Contour 1 in 8" Twist 16" Stainless Steel Order from MidwayUSA.com).

Comment

• Underground Tactical
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by kingalw View Post
                  This has been mentioned a few times, but I haven't found an actual answer. Are there any manufacturers that make a left handed Grendel bolt with a barrel combo? I've asked a few of you about this via PM as well.

I don't need to hear the "lefties can shoot right handed guns fine" argument(s). All of my rifles are left handed and I want a left handed Grendel Not looking to be convinced otherwise, just want info on how to make it happen.
                  We will be making some left hand Grendel bolts soon. We I get them finished I'll make a post here first.
                  Underground Tactical Arms
                  Austin, Texas
                  www.undergroundtactical.com
                  www.facebook.com/undergroundarms

Comment

Working...
                  X