X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GMinor
    Warrior
    • Sep 2013

Yep. Either way. I would like to see some heavy hitters as far as calibers go.

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by GMinor View Post
      Yep. Either way. I would like to see some heavy hitters as far as calibers go.
      I can kind of see .308, but not 260, 6.5 creedmore, etc...

This platform is perfect for the 6.8 and 6.5 Grendel. It's also ideal for the 5.56 and 300 blackout.
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• waveslayer
        Warrior
        • Jan 2013

Looks like the Tavor. As for the tall sights. Necessary to get a good cheek weld when shooting. Like the Tavor. It will be interesting to see what kind of calibers it will be offered in and it's accuracy

Comment

• m796rider
          Warrior
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
          Not sure how you determined the MDR in the photo has a .308-sized magazine. I think you're mistaken, primarily because the calibers you mention are rather incompatible with the 10.5-inch barrel option.

Uh, not exactly. Try 16.5" barrel, 26" overall length.

"*Portability – The MDR has unrivaled portability because it is lightweight, com- pact, ergonomic, and balanced with an overall length of 26″ (or 20″ with 10.5″ barrel)..."

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...dynamic-rifle/
          Mag size is easy: just count the number of picatinney rail positions. It's obvious the mag is much bigger than one for 5.56.

ETA: Longer barrels are obviously pretty easy... Here are 16.5", 18.5" and 20" options. I would find a 20" 6.5 Creedmoor config very useful...

The 10.5" barrel and 30 round mag mentioned are almost certainly tied to a conversion kit of some kind that will allow 5.56-sized mags. I am also having trouble picturing a 10.5' barreled .308 bullpup... Ouch.

I'm betting the front sight contains both windage and elevation adjustments and is tied to the barrel, so swapping barrels preserves your zero if using the provided fixed rear iron sight. Photos of the front sight mechanism also seem to show the sight cantilevers as it folds so it tucks in neatly and is not just flat over the flash suppressor.
          Last edited by m796rider; 01-11-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• GMinor
            Warrior
            • Sep 2013

Hell yeah. A 20" 6.5 CM would be money! Hell, I'll sell my AR to partially fund the 6.5 CM, and 5.56.

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by GMinor View Post
              Hell yeah. A 20" 6.5 CM would be money! Hell, I'll sell my AR to partially fund the 6.5 CM, and 5.56.
              Will these be legal in CA???
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by cory View Post
                Will these be legal in CA???
                probably will need a modification that requires a tool to swap mags to be legal in CA….

Comment

• GMinor
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2013

It won't matter....

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2012

How hard could it be to find a tool in CA of all places?

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by m796rider View Post
                      Mag size is easy: just count the number of picatinney rail positions. It's obvious the mag is much bigger than one for 5.56.
                      I don't know the pertinent dimensions for Picatinney rail, so I'll just take your word for it.
                      ETA: Longer barrels are obviously pretty easy... Here are 16.5", 18.5" and 20" options. I would find a 20" 6.5 Creedmoor config very useful...
                      6.5 Creedmoor seems like a nice round, but also more powerful than I'd like, especially since I would prefer a shorter (16-18") barrel.

An MDR in 6.5 Grendel would be more to my liking, especially if paired with the steel-cased Wolf FMJ ammo. (Of course, both are really just wishful thinking, if only because of my physical and legal limitations.)

Comment

18.5 is probably the shortest barrel possible and still stay under the 26" minimum length. 26" is a pretty short rifle so unless room clearing is important 20" or even longer barrels make sense.

I did what m796rider suggested and counted the rail, looked like a 3" mag to me not counting the rear lug.

Yeah a very short, 8 lb-ish 65CM has my interest.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2013

. . . An MDR in 6.5 Grendel would be more to my liking, especially if paired with the steel-cased Wolf FMJ ammo. . . .
                          And, if that common sense combination becomes a reality --- and, along with a trigger pull that approaches the quality of their bolt-action Bullpup rifles, the MSRP is under $2,500. --- I think many will consider the MDR a viable alternative to the popular Steyr AUG and IWI Tavor.

Comment

• stanc
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                            18.5 is probably the shortest barrel possible and still stay under the 26" minimum length.
                            According to the quoted DT info, 16.5" gives 26" OAL.
                            26" is a pretty short rifle so unless room clearing is important 20" or even longer barrels make sense.
                            To each his own. I had my AUG barrel cut from 20" to 16" length.

Comment

According to the quoted DT info, 16.5" gives 26" OAL.
                              Oh that's not good. Sounds like it has a long LOP then, I hate that about most bullpups. I own two with gorilla arm LOPs and it further upsets the balance and makes shouldering awkward.

Comment

• stanc
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                                Oh that's not good. Sounds like it has a long LOP...
                                Using 3" as mag length, it looks to me like LOP is ~13.5"

Comment

Working...
                                X