owning a grendel = frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am feeling extremely fortunate. I decided to buy a Grendel. Within a week I found a beautiful gun for a reasonable price and found ammo to be relatively easy to purchase. Actually waiting for a few rounds of Hornady 123 SST to be delivered today. It will cost more to shoot than my .223 but I knew that going in. My concern is how to get time off to get into some hog hunting. A week of deer hunting in Minnesota is not enough.

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome in jt1043 you live within a 2hr drive . On the ammo issue= no Grr ammo is sold here in the Metro. Back to the Orig. Poster =op. Check out a few sites online.

The outdoor pro .com
      Surplus ammo & arms .com
      midsouth shooters supply
      Affordable brass & bullets.com
      Sportsmans cave .com
      Blemished bullets.com etc., etc.,,

I hunt down what I want-it's out there.

Comment

• Apparition
        Warrior
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
        Welcome in jt1043 you live within a 2hr drive . On the ammo issue= no Grr ammo is sold here in the Metro. .
        Technically not true. I bought my grendel ammo from sportsmans guide in St Paul. They currently are out of stock and we do end up paying tax as opposed to buying from Midway which I've also received some from. If my barrels would only come in so I could finish my rifles I'd be happy. Now I'm just patiently waiting.

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome in App. The ammo from SG, usually is wolf ammo. My work is within a 10 min drive from that place=a pit of blah!

All that is in there , is returns from unhappy customers- or a few slightly damaged returned items. Mostly junk in general,=

in the actual store for foot customers.-- Most of their bizness is online. Ill post some pics of the joint . If I go back... ever again................

Pm me your locale- we can chat., we can get a few more to join- from Mn- have a burger, and some coldies. I am trying to get a MN group together.
          Last edited by sneaky one; 03-27-2014, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Apparition
            Warrior
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
            The ammo from SG, usually is wolf ammo. My work is within a 10 min drive from that place=a pit of blah!

All that is in there , is returns from unhappy customers- or a few slightly damaged returned items. Mostly junk in general,=

in the actual store for foot customers.-- Most of their bizness is online. Ill post some pics of the joint . If I go back... ever again................
            Yeah, SG is basically a dump. I've never purchased anything while in the store but you can do online pickup there if you don't have to backorder. They do carry Hornady in addition to Wolf.

I see Midway has Hornady in stock now but then you have to deal with their obnoxious shipping rates.

Comment

• Tedward
              Banned
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Apparition View Post
              I see Midway has Hornady in stock now but then you have to deal with their obnoxious shipping rates.
              Order it and use the free shipping code. FSMAR150

Then you can be un-frustrated. Buy lots.....

Comment

• Apparition
                Warrior
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
                Order it and use the free shipping code. FSMAR150

Then you can be un-frustrated. Buy lots.....
                You talked me into it, 5 more boxes on their way plus a bunch of other stuff I didn't really need.

Comment

• Tedward
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Apparition View Post
                  You talked me into it, 5 more boxes on their way plus a bunch of other stuff I didn't really need.
                  Thats how its done, take advantage of the free shipping to save a few bucks and spend more, but atleast you have something to show for the money spent, not just a Brown Truck stopping by...

Comment

I love the Grendel but I own several other rifles in other caliber, when I get bored I build another and I'm sure I could grab any of them and use them for any given situation. I currrently am building a 204, a 458socom, a SBR 223, and a replica of the M16A1 with triangle hand guards and a carry handle. It keeps me from my former hobby of racing cars, my wife doesn't mind because I spend a lot less money and its safer than my previous hobby, Mountain Climbing in bad neighborhoods (Afghanistan) and chasing down cartel members in Mexico.

Comment

• mccuistion

The component shortage is nationwide for EVERYTHING right now.... I haven't seen a single pound of pistol powder for over 4 months locally. The day my local Sportsman's Warehouse got 8208 I called 4 friends to mule it for me and ended up spending my entire weeks pay.

As for Factory ammo; I saw 123gr SST on the shelves of 3 LGS last month for the first time EVER so im guessing they just finished a big run.

I went through every problem you explained and after blacklisting a certain so called *barrel maker* and some help from Underground Tactical I finally have a new favorite rifle. Just don't blame the cartridge for our current economic situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X