X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keep The Change
    Warrior
    • Mar 2013

I started to and then had to turn it off. Arrrghh!
    A couple of .308/AR10 guys were driving me nuts. The attitude of "just buy an AR10 and get a better round". The poll was strictly just to see what people thought was the best round for the AR-15. Yet numbnuts comment on going to a different platform.

Sure the .308 has more take down and lethality at under 400 yds but past that I'll take the Grendel. Lighter, cheaper platform.
    I can't wait for a poll to come up about the .308 and I'm going to jump in and say, "The .308 doesn't do it for me, you should just step up to a .338 Lapua for a real round"

Comment

• tackdriver
      Warrior
      • Feb 2013

I am sure the .260 guys will pounce on the opportunity to quiet the .308 crowd!

Comment

Originally posted by tackdriver View Post
        I am sure the .260 guys will pounce on the opportunity to quiet the .308 crowd!
        .260 Remington beats the .30-06 by 275yds, and has better trajectory and wind deflection than a .300 WM using the 190gr SMK, with most of its energy at 1000yds from a 140gr 6.5mm. Everyone I know of that was really big on .308 is now looking for reasons why they might still keep it, after having gone to .260 Rem as their primary, and said they would never switch when they first heard of it.

With Grendel factory ammo prices being what they are, what am I going to do with a .308 Winchester?

Comment

• tackdriver
          Warrior
          • Feb 2013

An ar-10 in .260 is definitely next on the list. I might have to part with one of my grendels to get it but I think I'll be OK

Comment

• dmsims21
            Warrior
            • Nov 2012

I am going to re-barrel my .308 with a 6.5 caliber.
            www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

My buddy bought several Armalite's in .260 Rem, and beat his .260 Rem bolt gun at 1500yds for hit count over three 5-round strings, and the bolt gun is next to impossible to miss with. He's shooting the 142gr SMK at 2740fps using H4831SC, and he did some crazy load development with the rifle until it shot 1/3 MOA at 300yds for 5rds over and over again. He got all into cloud data and OCW with it, to where the targets looked like a shotgun blast, with data written next to every impact, then crunched the numbers to find accuracy nodes, and it really turned out for him.

I thought it looked to be not so promising in the start, and then I saw his 300yds groups and they were extremely tight. He's a big bolt gun guy, but wanted to get into gassers just to see what he could do. He spent the last year working up everything, and it all came together. He did a bunch of work on his bolt, removing all the edges, chamfering holes, polished the bolt face, etc.

Comment

Voted

Comment

• Crippleshot1
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2014

I voted for the most awesome the one and only one the 6.5 Grendel!!!

Comment

• txgunner00
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

I voted again since I have another on the way.
                    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
                    X