Compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility?

I was wondering if you can shoot the 6.5 grendel out a .264 lbc barrel. I was planning on getting a BHW barrel.

There is no benefit to using the LBC bbl versus a Grendel chamber, shot groups are pretty damned small using an authorized Grendel chamber and of course it will work with all ammo made for the Grendel.

Do as you like but remember if there is an issue, it is not a Grendel

Comment

Originally posted by swatelite View Post
      I was wondering if you can shoot the 6.5 grendel out a .264 lbc barrel. I was planning on getting a BHW barrel.
      Yes they are compatible, and if there is an issue with a Les Baer and you call the factory you get to talk to Les Baer and not some rep, and he stands by his rifle.

Comment

• Drifter
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

It's my understanding that factory ammo is the same dimensions for either chamber, and only the headstamp is different on loads using Hornady brass.
        Drifter

Comment

Nimrod, BHW isn't Les Baer. They just use his chamber design.

Swate, I've heard good things about them and actually planned to get one of their barrels before Satern started liquidating theirs. And to answer your question, they are compatible.

Comment

• Aussie in AZ

Check my thread out here for compatibility mate

G'day all, I am new to the 6.5 market and am currently building a Grendel upper with an AA barrel and assorted other parts. I have been looking for the answer to my post for quite a while with no luck. I contacted Les Baer and here is the email response for any other newbies looking for the same answer. G’day Les Baer

Aussie

Comment

Thanks guy for all the help.

Comment

Working...
              X