Good News Comes in Pairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As per "the imbecile's" quote I don't see how this undisclosed mfg can make a magazine with a greater COAL that what exists already unless we are talking .0000000000001 of an inch. I am no engineer but, I just don't see it. Anyway it's good to finally look forward to new magazines by E-lander.

Comment

• blofeld42
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2012

It wouldn't surprise me if someone jumped on the LWRC six8 receiver sets and pmags, and modified them for 6.5 G. The larger mag well allows a longer COAL. What do you need in the pmag, a different follower?
      Last edited by blofeld42; 07-08-2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by blofeld42 View Post
        It wouldn't surprise me if someone jumped on the LWRC six8 receiver sets and pmags, and modified them for 6.5 G. The larger mag well allows a longer COAL. What do you need in the pmag, a different follower?
        I'm surprised they haven't already.

Edit: So the only change to the LWRC 68 receivers is an enlarged magwell to fit an optimal 30rd 6.8 mag. Oh and an enlarged ejection port. Correct?

Mark (PF) what do you say you take our money and design us a receiver set with magpul optimized for a 30rd Grendel pmag?
        Last edited by cory; 07-08-2014, 08:49 PM.
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Based on that info, I'd guess PRI is getting into the 65G game. They've long been known for making 6.8 mags that allow long OALs. Hey, the more the merrier!
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• ThatRandomGuy
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by blofeld42 View Post
            Or you have ARP who took the Grendel and modified it to fit the 6.8 with their six5 that's supposed to come out "mid 2014"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRandomGuy View Post
              Or you have ARP who took the Grendel and modified it to fit the 6.8 with their six5 that's supposed to come out "mid 2014"
              Actually ARP modified the 6.8 spc case by trimming the 6.8 case back to 1.620-1.625 max then necking it down to 6.5 and he is calling it the six5. barrels should be out in a couple of months.

Comment

• ThatRandomGuy
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by biggdawg View Post
                Actually ARP modified the 6.8 spc case by trimming the 6.8 case back to 1.620-1.625 max then necking it down to 6.5 and he is calling it the six5. barrels should be out in a couple of months.
                Yep, you're right. Been a while since I read their page and mixed up details, derp.

Comment

• blofeld42
                  Unwashed
                  • Sep 2012

LWRC made a couple changes. I think they made the upper slightly wider to match the lower.

AV Guns - Gun Point 9mm AR parts and rifles. Your source for quality firearms AR-15. Class 3, Glock, Cerakote and custom services.

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Yeah, time will tell on the mags. idea. The six 5 will b interesting.- Maybe.

Ask LR 1955 of his thots upon this, the six 5---from 4 yrs. ago. He told me that he quit upon the idea of it .. No gain to b had. THe bolt would b the only winner on this setup.
                    Maybe-? you could push the envelope a tic higher- in the end,- we'll be better off with lighter bullets in the Grr platform. Much more to follow on this...

busy a few of us are---.

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Has anymore measured mags for max COL? I took one apart and got a measurement of 2.296" with my calipers.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

My three E-Landers measure 2.283, 2.282, and 2.281, respectively. Did not take them apart but measured at a spot underneath the feed lips where the metal was doubled and the OAL would be at minimum. Am NOT claiming any authority or real accuracy for my measurements!

Same measurement on an AA-branded C-Products gave 2.300 and on a Magpul 5.56 gave 2.265. (Note: Just eyeballing it, the metal on the E-Lander seems twice as thick as the C-Products.)
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• cory
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2012

So I reached in and grabbed a random E Lander mag. Using Hornady 140gr HPBT, I had to load to 2.270 to get them to feed. It looks like the limit.

Comment

Working...
                          X