• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Opinions need on this Grendel build

This is an ad for a Grendel upper near me. I dont know much about the components used and would value the horde's opinion before i buy. I will pm the owner to find out who made the barrel and post it here when i know.

for sale a NEW UNFIRED upper chambered in 6.5 Grendel. It is brand new and has not been fired because the magazines are on backorder and are currently not in my hands. The specs are as follows:
    Barrel: 20" 6.5 Grendel Stainless barrel,1-8 twist, 5R rifled, medium profile (.750" at gas block), rifle length gas system, threaded 5/8-24. This one is bead blasted and again is brand new.
    Upper: Crosshill billet right side charging upper w/ NiB carrier, Bolt is the one for the 6.5 grendel barrel
    Handguard: Nordic components XL rifle length stock (15.5" long). free floated, added sling mount to it.
    Brake: Miculek style .308 brake.

Everything I read says this thing should shoot lights out. IMO it is THE BEST caliber you can shoot in a AR-15 platform before moving up to AR-10 based frame and calibers (ie- HEAVY). I wouldn't hesitate to take large game with it based on the specs.

Comes with seven (7) boxes of Hornady SST 123 gr factory loaded ammo...which was $26 per box new. ($182)

Also when the magazines arrive, there will be 4 FACTORY Alexander arms magazines: (1x) 5 rd, (2x) 10 rd, and (1x) 25 rd. ($85 after shipping).
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail
  • tackdriver
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

All looks good but the $$$$ is missing info!

Comment

• Slappy
      Warrior
      • Feb 2014

From what I have seen if it is a Grendel and you can get it for a fair price then any Grendel that fires is a good one. You can change what you do not like later. BANG BANG!!!

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

He still has not replied to my pm. I asked him who made the barrel and bolt and what chamber it had. I am only interested in a saami chambered barrel.

Any thoughts on that crosshill side charging upper?

Sorry, he wants 1k
        Last edited by rabiddawg; 07-05-2014, 12:55 AM.

Mark Twain

Comment

• arnie
          Warrior
          • Nov 2013

Cross hill side charging upper is a neat one made that way ,not modified .There 400 dollars with nib BCG.They have web sight and face book page .

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

He pm'd me and it is a liberty barrel. I told him i would pass.

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X