Want to Start First Grendel Build (on a budget)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTE makes a good adjustable gas block and not expensive.
    Works well on my Liberty barrel that many sent back to be scraped but mine is a tack driver shooting 123 SST's into half inch groups with 27.7 grains AR-comp at factory COL of 2.245.
    Getting 2520 fps average with 18 inch barrel.
    I did a lot of polishing with JB's and flitz and handloaded a little short during barrel break in to shoot the 123's at factory length.
    They're right on the lands but no pressure problems.
    I would think all the liberty barrels that had issues have been converted to what they call G2 by now.
    Barrel and bolt cost me 230 bucks.
    I got a 16 inch 264LBC with the light contour from BHW for around 280 shipped.
    Not much difference in accuracy but had to wait around 2 months to get it.
    Shoots any bullet at about any COL real good and the poly barrel was so smooth I didn't bother with any barrel break in methods.
    Easiest barrel I've seen to clean and never fouls with copper build up at all.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-24-2014, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I called and spoke with Mark at PF today, and although the barrels he has are a good deal, he quoted barrel and bolt at $450. I might have to be getting that Brownells barrel before the 7.5% off deal ends.

Comment

• matkal
        Bloodstained
        • May 2014

Here is a link to my budget build:
        I have a DPMS M4 clone in 5.56 and wanted something more powerful and more accurate for hunting and target shooting. The perfect solution, an AR-10, was way out of my budget. So my solution was to build an upper using as many parts as possible from my existing rifle. After researching 300BLK, 6,8spc and 6.5 Grendel the choice

Good luck and good shooting!

Comment

• Apparition
          Warrior
          • Jan 2014

My Brownells 24" barrel just arrived, looks nice. Barrel is stamped 6.5 Grendel 1-8 5R and Brownells. Would post pictures but photobucket isn't happy with me so won't let me upload. It'll likely be a couple months before I can get it out to the range.

Comment

Working...
          X