• deadeyerick
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2013

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/kel-tec-adds-rdb-m43-bullpups-2015/[/URL]

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Interesting. If price is right, I may have to pick one of these up.
      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by deadeyerick View Post
        I was at the SHOT show, but missed this. Kel-tec is coming out with a Bullpup in 6.5 Grendel. Called the RDB M43 Rifle.
        Chamberings for either rifle can be either 5.56mm NATO or 6.5mm Grendel.
        Is it definite that the RDB will be offered in 6.5 Grendel? There's a HUGE difference between "can be" and "will be."

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

There was hardly any recoil at all with that. Interesting, and has downward eject too.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

It appears to have no access to bolt and chamber for malfunction clearance. See 2:30-3:00

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
              It appears to have no access to bolt and chamber for malfunction clearance. See 2:30-3:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYjsF2vDep8
              Yeah, that looks like it definitely might be an issue.

Another problem being as it's a Kel-Tec: Who knows when/if we'll ever actually see it in significant quantities in 5.56, let alone in 6.5 Grendel....

Still pretty interesting though.

Age old problem. Companies that invent neat stuff rarely can manufacture worth a squat.
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• deadeyerick
                Bloodstained
                • Apr 2013

I agree with you. Kel-tec came out with the KSG, 2-3 years ago? It took until now to be readily available

Comment

• smokinghole
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2015

As attractive as Keltec's offerings can be, they lack features I'd want. Combine that with their prices, availability, customer based R&D; I will keep looking elsewhere. I don't have the money to spend on a sub-par firearm that needs to get sent back to the manufacturer to get fixed a few times.

Comment

• m796rider
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2011

I thought I'd update this thread vs starting a new one...

According to the Kel Tec rep on thektog.org:

"The focus for production is the 5.56 standard model, but the 6.5 is very close to the initial production phase. Second quarter 2016 is a reasonable estimate for the initial production run."

So we might reasonably expect to be able to buy a $1200 6.5 Grendel downward-ejecting bullpup some time this summer... Yes, I know, Kel Tec, but still...

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

There are a couple reviews on the RDB on other forums where users puchased the RDB and not factory test guns. All the reviews I have read have been positive. One poster intentionally blocked the ejection chute to induce malfunctions. According to this poster it is possible to see the chamber area by looking through the ejection chute/port. The poster stated with the RDB being held upright working the charging handle and gravity has cleared any malfuntion thus far.

One poster stated he had to adjust the gas regulator for the RDB to function with Tula steel cased 223. This poster stated up to that point the RDB had functioned 100% with various brass cased ammo with the original gas setting. Apparently the barrel is nitride finished but unfloated and a light profile. I'm not sure the RDB could benifit from the 6.5 Grendel's inherent down range accuracy but I think the RDB would be intersting on a hog hunt where snap shooting might come into play.

Comment

• m796rider
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2011

Half-MOA guns are definitely fun, but I'd bet the RDB shooting Wolf steel cased 100gr 6.5G ammo would also be fun... And if the 5.56 RDB shooters are seeing 1.5-2MOA accuracy, that still puts all rounds into a chest-sized target at 600 yards. For some folks, that's still pretty useful.

Comment

• Drift
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2014

So... Maybe we'll be able to chose between a bullpup grendel and AK grendell next summer.

Comment

• Savage Shooter
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2014

I was starting to save my $$ for the new 18" AA Side charging Hunter - mostly interested in an easy to maneuver wild hog gun, that could do double duty at longer ranges. But this looks like an interesting alternative to the Hunter as Vascar2 also imagined.
                            My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• biodsl
                              Chieftain
                              • Aug 2011

If anyone in the Horde has pull with Kel-tec, please, please, ask them to resurrect the Grendel chambering for the RDB.
                              Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
                              X