• Buster
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

Radical Firearms

Any one else see THIS?
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

I have - now. At $830, it's a real opportunity to get into the game at an affordable price. 20" bbl with a brake, but the profile looks a little thin. (I like mine with a bit more meat on the bone.)

How did you come across this?
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Buster
      Warrior
      • Mar 2012

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

Wow, that is a great price. Do we know if it's a SAAMI Spec chamber?
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Good find Buster! I sent an email to them- about their chamber specs.,, we'll see if they respond soon.

Comment

• rebelsoul
            Warrior
            • Jan 2014

Buster, thanks for sharing. I passed it on to several friends. I hope to see many more cheap grendels in the future. I am still using entry level grendels that were built with budget being the primary focus. Cheap, but one inch groups at a hundred, serves me well. I have to many hobbies now, however, my future plans are to build a truly precision rifle. Cheap, got me in to the market; I hope several thousand shooters take the same path. I want to see 6.5 Grendel on the shelf in the same quantities as 30-06.
            "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• Buster
              Warrior
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by rebelsoul View Post
              Buster, thanks for sharing. I passed it on to several friends. I hope to see many more cheap grendels in the future. I am still using entry level grendels that were built with budget being the primary focus. Cheap, but one inch groups at a hundred, serves me well. I have to many hobbies now, however, my future plans are to build a truly precision rifle. Cheap, got me in to the market; I hope several thousand shooters take the same path. I want to see 6.5 Grendel on the shelf in the same quantities as 30-06.
              I hear ya man.........I wished other ammo makers like Federal or Winchester, etc., would get on-board the Grendel train

Comment

• mwilkins
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2014

I thought this was kind of interesting from their web site.

Stock Status:In Stock
                Availability:: Usually Ships in 2 to 3 Weeks

An in stock item that takes 2 to 3 weeks to ship. Doesn't sound like an "in stock" item to me.

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

Radical Arms said the use Saami

Got email back from Radical and they said they use a Saami chamber
                  12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                  Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Evaris
                    Unwashed
                    • Feb 2015

Well, I'm quite interested moreso than I was already.

Comment

• am4966
                      Chieftain
                      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by mwilkins View Post
                      I thought this was kind of interesting from their web site.

Stock Status:In Stock
                      Availability:: Usually Ships in 2 to 3 Weeks

An in stock item that takes 2 to 3 weeks to ship. Doesn't sound like an "in stock" item to me.
                      Lol...I believe that's how they handle there rifles. Build them when a order comes in.
                      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

am49- I got the same email, about the same time, from Tim., @ Radical Firearms.
                        I have his fone# - I'll call him on Thursday. This may be cool, we'll see.
                        The issues from the past need to be - never heard from again--- to keep this round moving forward in the best of the best components, like AA uses. & The best technicians, with the best reamers-etc. A mistake can be made anywhere in the processes, yet QC. is paramount on this round--- It needs to be abap perfectly in specs. Not too difficult to do.

It's time to improve this entire Grendel experience, to the level that it, & Bill A., deserves. Lapua too.
                        No more nock off clones, from fly by nite companies out to make a quick buck.

Comment

• am4966
                          Chieftain
                          • Jul 2014

You becareful sneaky I heard the guys at radical can be a little fiesty at times. But then again they hadn't heard from the horde yet! Lol

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• SKYNET KC
                            Unwashed
                            • Jan 2014

I'll order one tomorrow morning. I'm getting married in a month. It's a present to myself. lol

Comment

• Savage Shooter
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2014

Wow, if they are good shooters, that's an incredible price for a complete rifle. I see sales for Bushmaster or S&W MPs, for example, at Gander Mountain and Academy Sports for $850ish every week, so it's possible to supply a complete basic rifle for that price. No reason that cutting a 6.5 Grendel barrel should be much different than a 5.56. I thought their 8-10.5" barreled "pistols" were pretty cool.
                              My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

Working...
                              X