• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southern180
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2015

Tubbs or JP silent spring

Currently running a JP silent spring and seems to run fine, looking at the Tubbs flat wire spring. Any input on the difference between the two? Do find that if a can is installed my JP seems to bottom out from over gassing. No I really don't want to change to adjustable gas block. Just looking around for input.
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

You can get the spring kit or tungsten weight for the JP scs. Well tubbs will be louder and might throw off the timing more. 40.00 fort adjustable Gas key for bolt carrier, by riubber city armory.
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• lead chucker
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Im using the tungsten weight in my SBR with pistol gas system. I went ahead and got the spring kit also, the setup comes from JP with the 2nd weakest spring installed. Im using the 2nd strongest spring (I went up from #2 to #4), also using an adjustable gas block. I also use this lower and setup with a 8" blkout. But I also feel the spring that comes installed on the SCS is weak. I also think that the way it is set up kinda causes this, its made to work very smoothly, less friction in the tube. This means a few things, one is the spring isn't contacting the tube reducing friction and sound, and the rod the spring and buffer rides is oiled which reduces friction. This gives less resistance with the spring tension. So you really need a stronger spring to slow down the reciprocating mass. I must say though that with an adjustable block and the SCS it all works very well and is very smooth. So far for me its been worth the money and time for both my grendel and blkout.

Comment

• jim_bob
        Warrior
        • Jul 2014

DSG has the JP SCS On sale for $109, have to sign in for price.

Comment

• southern180
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2015

ordered the spring kit for my silent JP today, will try that

Comment

Working...
          X