Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best kept little secret.

Hey folks,
    I just recently built a Grendel. This was my first 6.5mm variant of any kind, and my first ar platform build as well. I was first introduced to 6.5 about a year ago when my brother-in-law bought a creedmore. I was vary impressed with it so for months I did research on quite a few 6.5mm rounds. When lo and behold I stumbled upon AA's website. I immediately fell in love with the Grendel. For the past couple of years I have been caught up in a nasty work comp case and haven't been able to shoot as much as I would have liked. I had back surgery on the 25th of July. Now that I'm on the mend I decided to build a Grendel. Tossed out 60 rounds at the range a couple days ago and quickly realized that I had made the right choice in the calibers variants. So now I have been doing research on getting into reloading and what I have found is remarkable. The potential for this round is quite simply amazing. It also amazed me that friends and even the folks at local shops had never heard of the 6.5 Grendel.
    I also stumbled upon this forum a few days and all you folks have been a God send. Ok, sorry for such a long rant. Just wanted to get that out there. If I can figure out how I will post a pic in the pictures section.
    Sincerely,
    Matt S.

welcome, glad you found us. the info here on reloading will have you reading for days. Its good stuff from guys with a lot of exerience. heal up fast and shoot a ton!

Comment

Welcome to the horde and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Welcome to my addiction and enjoy. This is an extremely fun round to soot and load for.

Comment

Welcome from New Mexico. Heal quickly.

Comment

Welcome from Louisiana

Keith

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Welcome!

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Welcome. I just shot 50 rounds of 7.62 X 39 brass I fire formed to 6.5 Grendel. This was free brass given to me and I'm going to load it for hunting where I may not be able to find my Hornady Grendel brass. Just another of the attractions which drew me to the 6.5 Grendel. I really like this cartridge and enjoy loading my own 6.5 ammo.

Comment

+1
                    Welcome to the horde and hopes for a speedy recovery.
                    I've been healing since last November and still haven't been to the range, but I'm getting close!

Cheers, Will

Comment

That's not good Will. Hope you're recovery quickens. I shouldn't have gone to the range so soon. I'm supposed to still be in the "lay in your bed ( except during your walking exercises) and let your wife do everything for you" phase. I won't even start physical therapy for another month. I just couldn't help myself though. The smell of burnt powder filled my nose. Plus my rig only has felt recoil comparable to a .22mag or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X