• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Alexander
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2015

Grendel AK has arrived!

One of my very rare new threads!

Stood here looking at a first in the US, new Russian production 6.5 Grendel AK. Wikipedia can go suck it! Another 3 years of my life in this project but it is done.

New internal layout from latest gen AK with the long gas system, 90 deg port and the lightweight op rod.

Will get pictures taken and posted ASAP.

Nice match up for the steel case ammo.
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Excellent news. I can hardly wait to see it. Price point to be announced?
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Awesome, do they have a 30 round mag developed for the Grendel AK or are they doing something else? Looking forward to the pictures. Will they be for sale, price, etc. ?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

NEED PIK-CHERS!!!

Will wonders never cease? Next thing you know someone will try and shoot 6.5 Grendel — GASP! — from a short barrel rifle or actually figure out how to design a machine gun link for the 65G!
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• cory
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
          Excellent news. I can hardly wait to see it. Price point to be announced?
          I disagree. Two words, "Russian Production". If the Russian adopt this round as their standard issue, it'll be bad news for our boys in uniform, not just because they'll be severely outgunned by Russians, but Russia will spread this setup to everyone of our enemies.

(Reading the OP leads me to belief that we're talking an AK being produced in Russia. If this is something Bill A. is doing in house, than disregard my last.)
          "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Whether or not Russia, or anyone else for that matter, adopts a high BC intermediate combat cartridge has nothing to do with AA selling 6.5 Grendel-chambered, made-in-Russia AKs in the U.S. If they're gonna develop and adopt an intermediate cartridge, they're gonna do it no matter what is going on in our small corner of the world.

Now, I don't like the idea of our guys being outgunned any more than anyone else here. Have we not been arguing, fighting, pleading with the U.S. small-arms establishment to adopt the 6.5 Grendel or something very much like it for more than a decade?

So the two are as unrelated as importing Toyotas. And there are a hell of a lot of "commie" AKs in the hands of Americans today who are just as red-blooded as you or I and so, apparently, our Georgia redneck boys have managed to put the Cold War behind them to just have some fun blasting away with a piece of history.

Frankly, I think we have a 1000 times more to worry about with Iran going nuclear than Putin — sneaky bastard though he is — trying to start WWIII with 6.5 Grendel AKs.

I can't wait to break open the piggy bank and get one.
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Oh snap!

I want one (and not to ever have communist overlords or Terrs aiming them at me)!

Definitely need pictures Bill. Congrats man!!!
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                Yeah - I can see my allowance for such things being monopolized by one of these and a large cache of steel cased ammo for a quite a while.

I need to mow some lawns or something...
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• billy
                  Unwashed
                  • May 2015

Awesomeness

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Here's an example of a Kreb's David Fortier was shooting back in 2010. Not sure what similarities there are, but you can see the AR magazine well.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                      Whether or not Russia, or anyone else for that matter, adopts a high BC intermediate combat cartridge has nothing to do with AA selling 6.5 Grendel-chambered, made-in-Russia AKs in the U.S. If they're gonna develop and adopt an intermediate cartridge, they're gonna do it no matter what is going on in our small corner of the world.

Now, I don't like the idea of our guys being outgunned any more than anyone else here. Have we not been arguing, fighting, pleading with the U.S. small-arms establishment to adopt the 6.5 Grendel or something very much like it for more than a decade?

So the two are as unrelated as importing Toyotas. And there are a hell of a lot of "commie" AKs in the hands of Americans today who are just as red-blooded as you or I and so, apparently, our Georgia redneck boys have managed to put the Cold War behind them to just have some fun blasting away with a piece of history.

Frankly, I think we have a 1000 times more to worry about with Iran going nuclear than Putin — sneaky bastard though he is — trying to start WWIII with 6.5 Grendel AKs.

Oh my remarks weren't directed towards AA selling them. If they're available then by all means. My remarks were directed towards the fact that Russian arms manufactures were investing in Producing AK Grendels.
                      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• danm
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2014

Sign me up if they become available here, kinda seems like a perfect match for some 100g Wolf Steel Case...

Comment

• Kikn
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2011

Just out of curiosity...why use an ar mag? Wouldn't a regular ak banana mag work better? Since its really just a necked down 7.62x39?

Comment

• kmon
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Kikn View Post
                            Just out of curiosity...why use an ar mag? Wouldn't a regular ak banana mag work better? Since its really just a necked down 7.62x39?
                            The case taper of the 7.62X39 needs the banana mag while the Grendel has much less case taper so will work much better in an AR mag

Comment

• wraith1516
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2014

If that is the case why are all the 6.5 grendel mag manufactures doing such a shite job making them I have 4mags that are unreliable at best

Comment

Working...
                              X