• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drift
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

Good point.
    Does anyone know the length and weight of both the CZ 527 vs Mini Howa actions?

Comment

• adamjp
      Warrior
      • Oct 2014

Not against a CZ527, but here is one against a Zastava m85.
      Howa v m85.jpg

Chalk and cheese in build quality, or as my machinist friend commented Yugo v Corolla.

As can be seen from these photos courtesy of RealGuns, the CZ527 is a little smaller than the Zastava m85.

IMHO the Howa is the finest Micro action built today as it has better build quality than the m85 and the CZ527, does not have the weird design issues of the 527 and is going to be available in Grendel!

Comment

• nuthead
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

the CZ action is 6.75inches long

Comment

• Goju
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2015

I've been waiting for this to happen, and will buy one as soon as they are shipping!

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

I really want a bolt action, even though I'll have two Grendels in the AR15 platform by the time the bolt action comes around. I'm looking at replacing the barrel on it eventually and going with a 22" barrel.
            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
              Warrior
              • Nov 2015

hey everyone, we got our samples in from the Howa Factory! I had never shot the 6.5 grendel until now and i am completely blown away by this micro-powerhouse!
              heres a quick video,

if you have any questions please feel free to email me! mhornback@legacysports.com
              Last edited by Matt @ LSI; 12-28-2015, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
                What would be the best way to add a 20 MOA capability to the receiver? Surely Legacy will offer a rifle only option as well as the complete package....I hope.
                yes we have a rifle only option.
                the bases that can be used are TWO PIECE remington 700/ howa 1500 bases. so you can use a set of 20 moa bases.

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
                  hey everyone, we got our samples in from the Howa Factory! I had never shot the 6.5 grendel until now and i am completely blown away by this micro-powerhouse!
                  heres a quick video,

if you have any questions please feel free to email me! mhornback@legacysports.com
                  Email sent!

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

PS, your email has an auto reply from October on it!

Comment

• adamjp
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
                      the bases that can be used are TWO PIECE remington 700/ howa 1500 bases. so you can use a set of 20 moa bases.
                      Only if they are cut to work with the Howa action. Any Remington 700 two piece base will fit, but 20 MOA bases have the cant calculated such that they only work on a Short Action or Long action depending on which length (apart) they were cut for. Putting a set of 20 MOA bases on a Howa Mini will mean your rings are NOT aligned for the scope. I do know that the Talley Ultralights work very well and the LOW size will clear a Bushnell AR scope with the bolt (I didn't think it would, but it does).

Matt, welcome to the horde. I've been playing with the Howa Mini since they were released in Australia and I have one question, two suggestions...

Question. What is the twist rate Howa specified for the Grendel? The Grendel takes the Howa Mini to a whole new level of rifle, seriously challenging the accepted norm. The Grendel in a Howa Mini is a giant killer that needs to throw from the 107/108gn match bullets (1:8 stability) through to about 125/130gn hunting bullets (1:9 stability).

Suggestion 1. Get some other stocks for these actions. Ask High Tech (the mob who do your alpine stock) to modify the Zastava m85 stock to suit a Howa Mini, get Boyds involved, get something other than that plastic stock! The Boyds Tacticool would be deadest awesome for the varmit rifles, but something lighter and trimmer is needed for the utralight hunting rifles suitable for the #1 profile Howa Mini.
                      Suggestion 2. Work out how to make a standard bottom metal arrangement for this rifle. The detachable magazine is a deal breaker with some older shooters who despise DBM setups.
                      Last edited by adamjp; 12-28-2015, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

LSI Matt, quick video is right! Only 30 seconds! Fun nevertheless and really looking forward to more developments.

Do we have tech specs on the Howa MA 65G?

1. Hoping it uses 6.5 Grendel SAAMI chamber?

2. What twist rate?

3. Magazine capacity? OK, found it in your 2015 catalog: 10 rounds.

4. Cartridge OAL allowed by magazine?
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Flyguy11
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2015

I could buy 2 of these when produced. Looks like a great idea to move the kids from a .22 LR to a hunting round. I was considering 2 more ARs.

Comment

• GM2
                            Bloodstained
                            • Nov 2015

^ Same, thinking about getting one for my nephew

Comment

• Rainman
                              Bloodstained
                              • May 2015

Evolution Gun Works (EGW) makes 0 and 20 MOA picatinny rails for short and long action Howas. You can buy direct from EGW and swfa.com also sells them along with probably a few other retailers. EGW stuff is precision including the very accurate 5" 1911 they built for me on a Springfield Armory A-1 base gun in 1994 that still runs like a champ and is on its fifth recoil and firing pin spring set.

Comment

• Sputnik
                                Warrior
                                • May 2013

Any information on the cost? Would the cost be close to what the other Howa mini chambers go for?

Comment

Working...
                                X