X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drewsbow
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Wow that's some fine shooting and a great looking rifle well done .

Comment

• Sterling
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2019

New member, but have visited this forum a few times.

I know this is an older thread, but it's great to see accurate results using a commonly available powder - CFE223.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

• Dscoduc
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2016

I know this question is going to bite me on the butt, but why not just get a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for that action? The whole reason for the 6.5 Grendel is because the AR platform can't take a longer bullet, but you took an action that can take a much longer bullet like the Creedmoor and "reduced" it down to a 6.5 Grendel round...

That being said, I really like the idea... can you use any Rem 700 action to do this?
        "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Dscoduc View Post
          I know this question is going to bite me on the butt, but why not just get a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for that action? The whole reason for the 6.5 Grendel is because the AR platform can't take a longer bullet, but you took an action that can take a much longer bullet like the Creedmoor and "reduced" it down to a 6.5 Grendel round...

That being said, I really like the idea... can you use any Rem 700 action to do this?
          If we worrie about the why question for grendel in any bolt action then we wouldn't have any bolt action grendels.

I had someone ask me this same question when I showed them my howa grendel. I responded with this (Why are you shooting 223 in a 700 action?)

Just because one cartridge makes x amount of speed more then y cartridge doesnt mean it's any less deserving of being in the same action.

For my usage 6.5 creedmoor doesn't give me anymore advantage then grendel in any platform or barrel length, game is just as dead, groups are just as tight and steel targets get hit the same.

Why shot more recoil and burn more powder on reloads, when I can do everything I need and want with much less and train much more.

And as long as it's a short action remmy action you can do grendel in it after a bolt rework.

Couple of threads about doing it on this site.
          Last edited by A5BLASTER; 01-02-2019, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
            First of all, it’s my money.

If we worrie about the why question for grendel in any bolt action then we wouldn't have any bolt action grendels.

I had someone ask me this same question when I showed them my howa grendel. I responded with this (Why are you shooting 223 in a 700 action?)

Just because one cartridge makes x amount of speed more then y cartridge doesnt mean it's any less deserving of being in the same action.

For my usage 6.5 creedmoor doesn't give me anymore advantage then grendel in any platform or barrel length, game is just as dead, groups are just as tight and steel targets get hit the same.

Why shot more recoil and burn more powder on reloads, when I can do everything I need and want with much less and train much more.

And as long as it's a short action remmy action you can do grendel in it after a bolt rework.

Couple of threads about doing it on this site.
            Fixed it to say what he really meant to say
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
              Fixed it to say what he really meant to say
              Lmao big D lmao.

Comment

• FW Conch
                Warrior
                • Nov 2014

More recoil makes bigger groups.

Comment

• Second
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2017

Comment

• Sticks
                    Chieftain
                    • Dec 2016

Second - Are you still chasing the 130gr pills, or did you go back to the lighter Lapua?
                    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Second
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                      Second - Are you still chasing the 130gr pills, or did you go back to the lighter Lapua?
                      Hi Sticks!

I have put the bullet testing on hold for the moment.
                      Gone back to the 108gr Lapua and a moderate load for shooting an competition.

Will pick up the testing for heavier bullets in the spring I think.

Comment

• pelikan800
                        Unwashed
                        • Feb 2018

Your project is starting to give me "ideas", darn it! Hmmm, find a donor Rem. 700 action....

Can I assume that a .223 receiver can be used too assuming it gets a new bolt?
                        Last edited by pelikan800; 01-17-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by pelikan800 View Post
                          Your project is starting to give me "ideas", darn it! Hmmm, find a donor Rem. 700 action....

Can I assume that a .223 receiver can be used too assuming it gets a new bolt?
                          Just have the bolt opened and have a mini m16 extractor installed at the same time.

Comment

• Second
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                            Just have the bolt opened and have a mini m16 extractor installed at the same time.
                            Excactly what I did.
                            The boltface opened and a rim soldered in that fits the case.
                            And then a Mini M16 extractor. A Sako extractor will also do the trick.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2011

What mag or bottom metal did you use?
                              "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• Second
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2017

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...rendel-project

Comment

Working...
                                X