Howa Mini Action 6.5 Grendel, Extra Magazines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wganz
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2015

Howa Mini Action 6.5 Grendel, Extra Magazines?

The LGS just got in a 7.62x39 and a 6.5 Grendel mini action rifles.
    The owner of the shop indicated that presently there are no extra mags available. You get the one magazine that comes with it and that is all. Sounds odd to me.
    Curious is there are extra magazines available? If not, when and how much?
  • Matt @ LSI
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by wganz View Post
    The LGS just got in a 7.62x39 and a 6.5 Grendel mini action rifles.
    The owner of the shop indicated that presently there are no extra mags available. You get the one magazine that comes with it and that is all. Sounds odd to me.
    Curious is there are extra magazines available? If not, when and how much?
    what!?
    we totally have spare mags for these!!!!

if you need help on this let me know!

Comment

• Sputnik
      Warrior
      • May 2013

Yikes! 52 bucks?!

Comment

• wganz
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2015

I do appreciate the quick response on this.
        It seems like a well built set up and was surprised by that answer.
        I'll go by and snag it this afternoon; plus, let him know that there are mags available for them.

Comment

• kymountainman
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2016

Does anyone know the part number for the 10 rd. 6.5 Grendel Magazine? I can't find it on LSI's website.

Comment

• subinoob
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2016

Originally posted by kymountainman View Post
            Does anyone know the part number for the 10 rd. 6.5 Grendel Magazine? I can't find it on LSI's website.
            I was going to ask the same thing. All I see is a 5rd magazine.

Comment

• Nodak
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

I'm betting on only a 5 rnd availability and 10rnd for 223 and such. There's been allot of bad descriptions on these. $52 is a bit steep. May have to call and try to haggle.

Comment

• kymountainman
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Nodak View Post
                I'm betting on only a 5 rnd availability and 10rnd for 223 and such. There's been allot of bad descriptions on these. $52 is a bit steep. May have to call and try to haggle.

I agree ... I'd like to see a secondary company pick them up. I remember back in the day Springfield Armory used to make $50 mags for their M1A rifles, and people started buying Korean until Checkmate came out with a better alternative, and Springfield started having CMI produce and brand them for $20 cheaper. To me ... $50 for a 5 round mag? Really?

Comment

• kymountainman
                  Bloodstained
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Nodak View Post

Kind of ticks me off!

I bought a model# HMA90623+ . It expressly states "10+1" under the 'Capacity' section of their .pdf file of their catalog ... yet I got a 5 round mag with mine!

I wouldn't have bought this model had I known it only had a 5 round mag with it! That kind of defeats the purpose of having a magazine fed rifle!

Comment

• Sputnik
                    Warrior
                    • May 2013

Kind of ticks me off!

I bought a model# HMA90623+ . It expressly states "10+1" under the 'Capacity' section of their .pdf file of their catalog ... yet I got a 5 round mag with mine!

I wouldn't have bought this model had I known it only had a 5 round mag with it! That kind of defeats the purpose of having a magazine fed rifle!
                    Concur! Most comparable mags are about $30-35. Although 5 round mags may favor hunting regulations, point taken on not getting the advertised 10 round mags. I would rather have a non magazine fed rifle if I was limited to a 5 round magazine. It seems you have to confirm and reconfirm the magazine being locked in, as mine has fallen out at the range a few times far enough not to feed the next round. The mag release in the front may lend itself to loosing a mag in the woods while in the brush. I would like to have a backup, but 52 bucks?!

Comment

• kymountainman
                      Bloodstained
                      • Nov 2016

I agree. On Monday I'm going over to my "Spring Guy's" shop to see about a stronger magazine spring and look at the mag catch spring also. He can wind just about anything, and is a true asset to have around when I can't find the recoil springs for my pistols that I want.

As for the 'Mag Round Limit' in some states. I've never had that issue here in Kentucky. There are very few hunting regulations in Kentucky, when it comes to firearms, so we can still use 10 round mags.

Comment

• biodsl
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2011

Kind of ticks me off!

Almost every story or review of the Mini in 6.5 has said magazine capacity was 10 rounds. Matt at LSI has repeated told us on this forum that that not the case and the Grendel would have a 5 rounder. Sorry this bit you. An example of what my brothers and I talk about constantly: only 20% of people do their jobs well. Attention to detail and taking pride in your work is not a value for most people.
                        Last edited by biodsl; 12-04-2016, 04:56 PM.
                        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Kilco
                          Chieftain
                          • Jan 2016

In Maine there is no round limit to bolt gun magazines, however a semi-auto is limited to either a 5 round mag, or one modified to only hold 5 rounds maximum.

Comment

• kymountainman
                            Bloodstained
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                            Almost every story or review of the Mini in 6.5 has said magazine capacity was 10 rounds. Matt at LSI has repeated told us on this forum that that not the case and the Grendel would have a 5 rounder. Sorry this bit you. An example of what my brothers and I talk about constantly: only 20% of people do their jobs well. Attention to detail and taking pride in your work is not a value for most people.
                            Quite frankly ... it doesn't MATTER what someone has explained on an Internet Forum about a product. If the product literature and company description of the product is stated as one thing, and they ship with another .... they are liable to make the product match their 'Official' description. Trust me ... I work with company profiles and marketing on a daily basis.

On another note ... every Youtube video review that has been done on the 6.5 Grendel states that it comes with a 10 round mag ... even the one Sootch00 did and the video the company has posted on the official website as a 'Review'. He loaded 10 rounds in his magazine!

Lastly ... as long as the description on their official page states "10+1" under Capacity ... they are responsible to send a 10 round magazine with the product. After all ... how would it look on Springfield Armory if they stated that all of the M1A Loaded models came with National Match Front and Rear Sights, but they instead assembled and shipped them with Standard GI Front and Rear Sights? The outcry would be phenomenal.

As a reference ... here is Legacy's official download page for the catalog to verify .... again ... my model number is HMA90623+ . Download and keep a copy for your reference.

Last edited by kymountainman; 12-04-2016, 06:20 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• adamjp
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2014

snip...On another note ... every Youtube video review that has been done on the 6.5 Grendel states that it comes with a 10 round mag ... even the one Sootch00 did and the video the company has posted on the official website as a 'Review'. He loaded 10 rounds in his magazine!...
                              Yep, and the majority of his review was simple advertorial instead of investigative reviewing.

I know a few on here went weak at the knees but I was not impressed, not least because he clearly referred to the catalogue instead of actually putting a fair few rounds downrange. In short he may have fired one or two boxes of ammunition in total - that is not a review, it is a snapshot. (no pun intended)

Oh and if you watch, it is clear that he NEVER loads more than 5 into the magazine. Perhaps he cannot count?

Comment

Working...
                              X