• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cameron
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2016

Stock replacement for Mini Action

I bought a rifle, and had intentions of replacing the stock, so much so that I presold the stock, got the rifle home and shipped it off.

I was looking at the Boyd's, they have a good rep and price, but want to look at other options before buying. I like the chassis, but buying Into at least$450-500 is steep for me, and would cut Into glass budget.

What other options are out there?

Distance shooting and maybe some hunting, but that is not its primary role.

Glass will be the Burris XTR2 4-20 on a Warne 20 base.
  • subinoob
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2016

As of right now I think that Boyd's and lss chassis are the only options other than factory stock. More options should start showing up soon probably info at shot show about new stocks for the rifle.

Comment

• Cameron
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2016

I ordered a Boyd's, I like the chassis but I think the Boyd's would be a better start for me with this rifle. I'm a bit more of a standard stock guy, so that works well.

I think I am going to work the hook a bit more, like the B&C stock they make.

Comment

• rickt300
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

Which Boyds stock did you order? The standard stock is usable other than the very flexible forend. It is also a bit heavy so I am thinking about ordering a stock from Boyds also, probably the "Classic".

Comment

• Cameron
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2016

It was the tacticool, I prefer the downward slope of the pistol grip vs the thumbhole. I am going to paint it, as I have a better idea for the coloring of the stock.

I really like the way it feels and it shoulders up.

Comment

• rickt300
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

I think your talking about the Pro Varmint model. I put one of those on a Savage long action in 300 Win Mag and ordered it with the limbsaver recoil pad. Really like that design, works very well for me offhand also. I don't really like thumbhole stocks because you have to pull your thumb out of it to move the safety or manipulate the bolt. For some reason I think I will order the Classic for the Mini Howa but still might go the Pro Varmint, decisions!

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

Something else you can get Boyds to do is a custom walnut stock

Comment

• smcdurmon
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2015

McMillan Stocks told me they would inlet a stock for the Howa Mini, but would need me to send them the barreled action. They said it shouldn't cost any more than just their normal price of the stock.

Comment

• csmwhjones
                  Unwashed
                  • Aug 2016

Originally posted by smcdurmon View Post
                  McMillan Stocks told me they would inlet a stock for the Howa Mini, but would need me to send them the barreled action. They said it shouldn't cost any more than just their normal price of the stock.
                  Wow, that could possibly get them to offer as a stock option for the rest of the Hoarde.

Comment

• pajasonc
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by csmwhjones View Post
                    Wow, that could possibly get them to offer as a stock option for the rest of the Hoarde.
                    I would imagine it would. They have to buy a barreled action otherwise to get the dimensions and test the stock fit. Probably why they would do it for what is essentially free for smcdurmon.

Comment

Working...
                    X