• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nuthead
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by FW Conch View Post
    I don't want to argue with a manufacturer, but 50in/lbs is a TON for the material in question?? 30in/lbs is a standard in the industry for a Tupperware stock????
    Its got aluminum pillars so it's not like a tikka stock... you can't crush it.
    Last edited by nuthead; 03-10-2017, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by nuthead View Post
      Its got aluminum pillars so it's not like a tikka stock... you can't crush it.
      We're not worried about the pillar bedded stock.

It's the polymer bottom piece for the trigger guard and magazine well, which sandwiches the stock between the action and itself.

If you apply too much torque to the action screws, you will split the floorplate assembly.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• nuthead
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

Ok fair enough - I've torqued mine tight - around 45inch lbs with the wheeler fat wrench and it seems ok. I do my tikkas at 35in-lbs in the factory tupperware... I've gone to 50 on the tikkas and crushed the stock but the plastic bottom metal was fine... ended up replacing it with a manners

Comment

• northdude
          Bloodstained
          • May 2020

I took the bottom plastic floor plate off mine and drilled the takedown screw holes out to accept some steel tube and epoxied it in. like mini pillars it worked well..

Comment

Working...
          X