• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lrgrendel
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
    First post...not sure how to upload pics from my phone. I wish I could as I received a beautiful wood stock on my new 527 6.5

The wood fit was nice but the barrel channel wasn’t quite as deep as it is on my 557. It more resembles my 455. I remedied that by bedding the front lug and both action screws with JB Weld. Now the barrel is floated so that a business card folded in half will slide between metal and wood.

The trigger came from the factory set at 3.5# and the set trigger at 14 oz.

I haven’t shot the gun yet, but if it is accurate I will love this thing. My only complaint is the crappy rings it ships with. I bought some Warne mediums tonreplace them. My Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36 is about the right size for the rifle.

The bolt was a but sticky but is already slicking up. If it’s anything like my 557 it’ll be perfect after a few boxes of shooting.

Looking forward to reading more. This is my first 6.5 Grendel.
    Yes posting photos here is very frustrating but we don’t have the money like some other of the larger web sites to make the process easier....

So for anyone using a Note 3 or any Droid operating system on their phone, here is an easy step by step.
    I post text only using my IPad and I post photos from my phone by editing the post I just typed up on my IPad.
    I have a free photo resizer app on my phone. It is easy to use. You resize the photo to 30% and it decreases the file size to where 6.5grendel will accept it.

So from your phone AFTER you have resized the photo, go to your original post and click on EDIT, ADVANCED and follow the instructions. It is a pain but it works. I will post a screen shot of the photo resizer app from my phone.
    I am sure there is an easier way and I am sure someone will prove me right!!

Hope this helps.....Screenshot_2017-11-08-21-07-11-324x576.png

If anyone is still having trouble PM me and I will walk you through it....
    Last edited by lrgrendel; 11-09-2017, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• kmon
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2015

Txag, guessing this is the 527 Grendel pic of this conversation from another forum we conversed on.

Comment

• TxAg
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2017

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          That’s the one. Thanks for directing me to this forum!
          Glad to help and welcome to the Horde, you will find lots of good folks on this site, many with far more experience than I on the Grendel.

Comment

• G Dick
            Unwashed
            • Nov 2017

A friend and I had our local shop order in a couple of 6.5G CZ's for us, woods is nothing special which suits me fine, too many too pretty to hunt stocked rifles already. Scoped with a Nikon Black X-1000 MOA 4-16x mark I eyeball bore sight put the first shots within 4 inches at 100 and within a few shots was on, I use Shooter so demand a scope that tracks well and so far the Jury is out on the Nikon, theres a Sightron STAC 4-20x MOA 2 in the wings just in case. First range session the rifle continually did the two touching one opening the group to 1 1/4 inches with 123 Amax's, a take down to install J&P action screws showed that the action was rocking in the stock while having a lot of excess room in the inletting. A trip to my gunsmith has taken care of that and follow up range trip is in order, I'm betting the inconsistency will be gone. Pluging the numbers into Shooter shows the rifle should have plenty of juice for Whitetails out to 500 yards which will cover the area I hunt just fine.

Great handling little rifle and the 24" barrel gets all the 6.5G has to give.

Comment

Working...
            X