Ok I did it, Ruger American in 6.5 Grendel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jmccracken
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by DAL357 View Post
    Legitimate questions, not trying to be a sarcastic: why do you have a muzzle brake? I'm not against them, as some people vehemently seem to be, I have one on my .30-06, which makes it very pleasant to shoot, especially off the bench during load development. Does it allow you to spot your shots better? Or maybe it helps with the cumulative recoil fatigue factor during extended shooting sessions?

Thanks in advance for satisfying my curiosity.
    I have one on my Ruger Grendel as well, its not a high recoil round, but a good brake will still help keep it still on the bench and cuts down on recoil/movement. Shooting precision with it and it barely moving at all, is very nice

Comment

• mdewitt71
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by DAL357 View Post
      Legitimate questions, not trying to be a sarcastic: why do you have a muzzle brake? I'm not against them, as some people vehemently seem to be, I have one on my .30-06, which makes it very pleasant to shoot, especially off the bench during load development. Does it allow you to spot your shots better? Or maybe it helps with the cumulative recoil fatigue factor during extended shooting sessions?

Thanks in advance for satisfying my curiosity.
      Muzzle brakes have many pluses just like the ones you mentioned but, for me its not just about the brake; it is for running suppressed.
      ― George Orwell

Comment

Working...
      X