Quick range report, RAP. 4 hours and 250 rounds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Quick range report, RAP. 4 hours and 250 rounds.

• VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Thanks for posting a2. Which scope are you using on your Ruger. I know the Howa Mini and Ruger are significantly different but curious if you prefer one over the other especially since you put a chassis on your Howa?

Comment

• usmcm16a2
      Warrior
      • Aug 2015

Vas,

I own 2 Howa Heavy Barrel rifles. The Howa is a more refined rifle, the action, the magazine system. Both are in LSS chassis systems. The 2 stage HACT of the Howa is AWESOME!. Accuracy is superb. Load to load, barrel hot, or not. The Ruger is a fine rifle, but it is a bit more crude. The Ruger for a person on a fixed budget, is an excellent choice. But to me Howa is a superior rifle. The Ruger once dialed in will deliver the goods, it is lightweight and when hunting, for the first 6 shots will hit where you aim it. The scope is a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4x12x42. A2

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Thanks for the info a2, I’ll probably get a bolt action 6.5 Grendel at some point and right now I think I’d be most happy with the Howa heavy barrel threaded action sold by Brownell’s in the chassis system. I’m really deep in the AR-15 but I’d like a bolt action centerfire rifle. I’ve thought about the 6.5 Creedmoor but I really don’t need the extra performance provided by the CM over the Grendel. I really like the smaller lighter platform available with the Grendel.

I ordered a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12 the other day and saw where you also had at least one of these scopes. For now my plan is to mount the Vortex Tactical in a 20 MOA mount and use it with my 18” Faxon.

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

+1 on the howa HB, and for the Vortex Diamondback's, I have a 4-12 HP but not the tactical knobs. Almost sold it but it's riding loud and proud on my 16"er AR Grendel. My Howa has one of my 4.5-14 (older) Buckmasters... but the Vortex's make some good glass for the value.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• jkingrph
            Warrior
            • Aug 2014

250 rounds in 4 hours? That's a bit over one round per minute. Personally I do not shoot my AR types that fast. My bolt action Grendel is a CZ 527 with a rather lightweight sporter barrel so I go slow with it, something like 5 rounds over 8-10 minutes. I take my time, look through the spotting scope and just sit and let it cool a bit, and still do not keep that rate up for hours at a time.
            Member before 2010, account deleted per 2011 spam attack

Comment

• Javman
              Warrior
              • Jan 2016

usmcm,

I noticed the same thing with the torquing the action screws and the barrel heating up rather quickly. Doesn’t help weather wise down here in S. TX. I wonder if the same holds true for RAP in 6.5 Creed?

Comment

Working...
              X