• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hill37
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

CZ 527 mag. Alterations

I just ran across thishttp://rvbprecision.com/shooting/cz-...onversion.html No Grendel mentioned but holds two 7.62x39 rounds. looks pretty good.
  • jkingrph
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

I thought about this and like it, but as only Gunkote the modified trigger guard and not reblue it, I decided to pass.
    Member before 2010, account deleted per 2011 spam attack

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

I like that looks like I found the direction I'm going if they can do it to a grendel.

Comment

• jkingrph
        Warrior
        • Aug 2014

I see that CZ has a trigger guard and magazine release in parts for the M1 model in .223. I just sent an e mail asking if it would fit my 527 Grendel and work with modified magazines. IF so I may take a chance and order one so the finish will match all across the rifle.

Comment

• gldprimr
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2016

I had emailed CZ-USA about this and was told they did not have the modified trigger guard and 3 round magazine for the Grendel with no idea as to whether they were going to offer that as an option in the future or not.

Comment

• jkingrph
            Warrior
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by gldprimr View Post
            I had emailed CZ-USA about this and was told they did not have the modified trigger guard and 3 round magazine for the Grendel with no idea as to whether they were going to offer that as an option in the future or not.
            I emailed them asking if the modified trigger guard and mag release for the M1 version of the 527 in .223 would in fact fit the Grendel 527. I know they do not have 2 or 3 round magazines, but if the trigger guard would work and a Grendel/7.62 magazine would fit, then I could get some magazines converted. I have not yet received a reply.

Comment

• PGW Steve
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2017

I have a 527 Ebony in .223 which has the 3 shot magazine with the modified bottom metal. I tried a Grendel magazine and it was a no go. I took a measurement on the width of the .223 magazine and it's about .475" and the Grendel magazine is .515".

Edit....

It would be pretty easy to cut away the triangles of material that make the transition from the trigger guard to the bottom of the magazine opening. Then you would just be left with the magazine conversion.
              Last edited by PGW Steve; 07-16-2018, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X