• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sixoeight
    Warrior
    • Jul 2018

Howa Heavy Barrel Scope Rings for 3-9x44 scope

Hey everyone,

I have a project gun that I am working on and I always find rings to be a bit tricky. I like to have my scope as low as it can go and the clearance is always hard to judge due to different barrel profiles. I have ordered a 20" heavy barreled action, a Boyd's classic stock, and some surprise parts that I will reveal later

I read a comment on another forum complaining that the Talley light weight low rings cause a 40mm objective just barely clear a heavy barrel mini action Howa. I have a 44mm objective and I also want to use the Talley rings. The low rings list a height of 10mm and the medium rings list 12.7mm. I should be really close but good with these correct?

I would love to hear if anyone else has had a similar scope and what they used.

Thanks
    Brad
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

I run Badger .83" (21mm and the lowest rings I have seen) rings on a 20 MOA rail with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm (30mm tube) plus sunshade that leaves 5/16 (7.93mm) clearance at the sunshade.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• BD264
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2017

PSX_20180623_093904.jpg

Comment

• Sixoeight
        Warrior
        • Jul 2018

Good info

Based on bd264's picture I think I will be right on. The low rings probably wouldn't work but the mediums should be the sweet spot.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X