• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Howa Grendel stock, need pointed to...

I need a stock for a Howa Grendel. Is the only place to find a mini action stock brownels or Boyd’s? I can’t even find factory replacements on brownels.

Building my sons deer rifle, and need a factory or similar stock, don’t want a chassis. Or youth. I’d rather have a factory stock.

Also, DIP BM incoming, can anyone share how a guy with some hand tools and chisels could fix the rear in letting?

Anyone have a factory stock sitting around?

Edit* need a heavy barrel channel version!
    Last edited by Kswhitetails; 07-27-2018, 04:58 AM.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
  • Sixoeight
    Warrior
    • Jul 2018

I don't think inletting an OEM stock would work. I could be wrong but a lot of synthetic OEM stocks have a lot of open air space inside and you may cut into those with inletting. I went with Boyd's and reworked it to suit my needs and reduce weight a bit.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
      Warrior
      • Nov 2017

I don't know of any source for OEM stock for the mini-action other than take-offs. If you get a take-off stock, then the DIPinc BM fits without any in letting. You may want to bed it at the rear action screw though.
      Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• bowhunter
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2017

Comment

• flatland1
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2018

I've got a McMillan fiberglass stock in Sako Varmint style for a Mini that I used on my custom barreled Mini. It's got molded-in Desert Ambush color/pattern, and machined in pillars. I bedded my bbl'd action in it with Marine Tex. Biggest down-side is that it's got a rather large bbl channel to fit a Bartlein modified light Palma contour bbl, modified by turning the 1.25" dia shank down to 1.090". I replaced this stock with a McM Game Scout that I like better than the shape of the Sako Varmint. It's in excellent condition, no scratches or dings - message me for pricing.

Comment

Working...
          X