X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • recon562001

Grendel bolt guns.

Here is mine any one else have one?IMG_0278.jpgIMG_0277.jpg

Nice looking gun. Could you give some details about it who, what, where, how much?
    Thanks

Comment

Nice! A CZ conversion! What stock is that?

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Schweeet CZ!!! Details???
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• recon562001

Thanks.

It is a compleet build by Wayne York at www.oregunsmithingllc.com. He makes the stocks.

Comment

I have used Wayne off an on for many years. Very reliable and very nice work.

Comment

Jim Brockman of Brockman Arms built me a CZ Grendel years ago. (Kevin I think) of Wyatts outdoors buit me a Grendel on a Remington action a few years later. Both are great and accurate. Since I'm gonna get the CZ rebarreled eventially due to high round count I'll look into Mr Yorks work.

Comment

Oh .. Please tell us more about your rifle. Have you shot it yet? barrel length? Who made the barrel? Contour? Which CZ rings? Did you get the bolt modified to accomidate the scope? And most imporentaly , HOW MUCH DOES IT WEIGH ?

Comment

That is beautiful. A buddy of mine had a custom CZ 527 built, and is running the 139gr Scenars at 2700fps!!! What a perfect little action for a carry bolt gun. I think the 130gr Berger VLD's and 129gr SST's would be an awesome match for this rifle, in addition to all the lighter bullets that will scream out of it. This would make an awesome youth and ladies' rifle too.

Comment

• recon562001

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
                    Oh .. Please tell us more about your rifle. Have you shot it yet? barrel length? Who made the barrel? Contour? Which CZ rings? Did you get the bolt modified to accomidate the scope? And most imporentaly , HOW MUCH DOES IT WEIGH ?
                    I have had it for about two years now and put around 100 rounds a month through it when I am in the states. Its great half MOA (I have a 200M group pic attached) and zero recoil. I dont know who made the barrel but it is 24" medium contour. The rings are the ones that come with the rifle and the bolt is stock as far as I know. It is right around five and a half pounds with the scope.

Mr York also makes ultra light rifles if you are looking for some thing lighter.
                    IMG_0279.jpg

Comment

• recon562001

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                      That is beautiful. A buddy of mine had a custom CZ 527 built, and is running the 139gr Scenars at 2700fps!!! What a perfect little action for a carry bolt gun. I think the 130gr Berger VLD's and 129gr SST's would be an awesome match for this rifle, in addition to all the lighter bullets that will scream out of it. This would make an awesome youth and ladies' rifle too.
                      It likes the 120 Barnes TTX.

Comment

Yes. The 120 Barnes work better in my CZ too. The magazine is just a little longer than an AR magazine so I can increase the OAL and get more powder in the cartridge. Which Stock did you choose and why?

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                          ....What a perfect little action for a carry bolt gun.... ....This would make an awesome youth and ladies' rifle too.....
                          Yeah, that is why CZ is really irking me. They make the perfect action, they make 6.5 bores, they make 7.62x39 bolt faces and mags for the 527 action... They even conducted a poll for what new caliber to introduce-- and the Grendel cartridge won it easily and by a pretty good margin to boot!

If they'd just ream them Grendel and add the right stock they could sell a pile of awesome 6.5 Grendel light weight bolt guns for much less than a custom build. I'd love to have one, but I'm too tight to come up with the scratch for another custom bolt gun build...

CZ: WAKE UP!!!!!!!! ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!
                          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                            Yeah, that is why CZ is really irking me. They make the perfect action, they make 6.5 bores, they make 7.62x39 bolt faces and mags for the 527 action... They even conducted a poll for what new caliber to introduce-- and the Grendel cartridge won it easily and by a pretty good margin to boot!

If they'd just ream them Grendel and add the right stock they could sell a pile of awesome 6.5 Grendel light weight bolt guns for much less than a custom build. I'd love to have one, but I'm too tight to come up with the scratch for another custom bolt gun build...

CZ: WAKE UP!!!!!!!! ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!
                            Preach on brother!

I actually bought a Varmint Kevlar stock and 7.62x39 527 Carbine just to do the conversion. At $285 for the stock, $600 for the donor rifle and another $600 for the custom barrel and smith work, it's not going to be a cheap project.

If they offered a factory Varmint Kevlar in 6.5 Grendel, the whole thing would be an under $800 proposition. I bet they'd sell a metric sh*t-ton of them too. I think back when they ran the poll you're talking about, they decided not to take the risk on a "wildcat". Now that the Grendel is SAAMI approved, things are different. Maybe they'll take another look.

Comment

I got a Remington 700 SPS Tactical (.308) for Christmas. I really wish Remington would come out with a SPS Tactical in Grendel. That .... would be one hell of a nice rifle. Too bad they only come in 5.56 and .308. If Remington would do that rifle in Grendel, it would only cost 550-650.

Comment

Working...
                              X