New stock option for the Howa Mini action!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taz575
    Warrior
    • Jul 2018

New stock option for the Howa Mini action!!

I contacted Richards Microfit Stocks about the Howa Mini action and was told that they do make stocks for those!! They are the 96% inlet, so you have to do the final inlet, some sanding and the finish yourself, about 6-8 weeks!! www.rifle-stocks.com
  • flatland1
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2018

I've done business with Richards a few times before. They aren't kidding when they say "sanding & finish work required". As long as the buyer doesn't expect to receive a stock like a Boyds that's finished with minor inlet work required, and really does enjoy working with wood laminate you should be G-T-G. They offer a large selection of styles & shapes, and a wider selection of laminate color choices than Boyds - the last stock I ordered in was a sporter style in desert sunset (one of my favorite color selections) for a customer's M700 LA in 280 AI. I did all the chambering/metal work, and finished his bbl'd action in Burnt Bronze CeraKote, the customer did all the sanding, inlet, and finish work, using General Finishes Arm-R-Seal, an oil & urethane topcoat. The finished rifle looked great in my eyes. Just to reiterate - these stocks take a considerable amount of sanding & inlet work. If you don't have the time, skill, or patience it takes to deal with one, you're better off getting a finished Boyds.

Comment

• mdewitt71
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Yea I have used a stock from this Company before..... no issues with the stock but, more work than I intended to do.
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Taz575
        Warrior
        • Jul 2018

Ok, good to know! I was emailing companies about the Howa Mini action and he was the only one to reply so far. No word from Bell and Carlson. I like some of the styles/options over Boyds.

Comment

• Drift
          Warrior
          • Nov 2014

I stopped using them because of the long delivery time. Otherwise, I liked them. Once you put lots of time into a stock getting it just so, you apreciate it more.

Comment

• hill37
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

Has anyone dealt with Macon gunstocks lately? They sound good on their web site but their reviews suck.

Comment

• hill37
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

H-S Precision sent me an email saying the mini was being look at closely. Maybe more request would speed things up. Pricey though. The one for the CZ 527 is $435.

Comment

• flatland1
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2018

I had to send a Mini bbl'd action to McMillan to get them to model the inlet off it, but did receive a couple of nice stocks back from them. First one came back in reasonable time (6mo) - a Sako Varmint stock in molded-in desert ambush. The 2nd one must've gotten lost in a shuffle, as it took over a year & several phone calls to get it back on track, finished, & shipped. It's a Game Scout in the same molded-in desert ambush. Not sure what other stock styles they're going to be willing to do in the Mini inlet, and they're kind of pricey - retail is well over $500. But if you're wanting something of quality, they're both nice stocks.

Comment

• flyrod
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2017

With a little effort, most stocks can be made to work. Wood is pretty easy to work with. For example, here is a mini that I put in an old remington 700 stock:

...way better than the rubber one it came with.

Comment

• howl
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2015

Just say no to Richard's Microfit. I can't believe they're still in business after all the awful reviews they have. I bought one. The inlet was crooked in the stock on both axes. I had to hog it out and remake the interior of the stock with bedding compound.

Comment

• Taz575
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2018

Good info and good alternatives!

Comment

• Gunner75
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2019

Keep an eye out on B&C's website and Facebook page....... Might be something available very soon.......

Comment

• Taz575
                          Warrior
                          • Jul 2018

Good news! I have a B&C on one of my savage 10 in 223 and love it. Would be nice to see it for the Howa Mini as well!

Comment

• Dinny
                            Warrior
                            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
                            Has anyone dealt with Macon gunstocks lately? They sound good on their web site but their reviews suck.
                            I have one of their stocks on my Ruger 44 Carbine. It took a bit of work to get it to fit, but I knew that going into it.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• snowbum161
                              Unwashed
                              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Gunner75 View Post
                              Keep an eye out on B&C's website and Facebook page....... Might be something available very soon.......
                              I've heard the rumor and I'm waiting patiently with a barreled action sitting in my gun safe. I just cant pull the trigger on the Boyds knowing its not what I want. I've also heard Greyboe might be thinking about offering inlets for the Howa but not details on if it will include the mini action.

Comment

Working...
                              X