X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeepster18_88
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

For hunting the best rest for sight in for me has been a sack of corn. I can use my forearm and adjust the surface to hug the forearm to stabilize but it allows the gun to move from recoil the same as it does when hunting because I only have a rail to rest on but I also shoot free hand or stabilized against a tree. In my experience, a very solid sled or other type of rest is very good for load testing and target shooting, but it changes the POI especially with higher recoiling cartridges. I'm pretty sure this is a question that you'll get a ton of different answers to. A lot of that is dependant to each individuals needs.

Comment

• Jeepster18_88
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

For hunting the best rest for sight in for me has been a sack of corn. I can use my forearm and adjust the surface to hug the forearm to stabilize but it allows the gun to move from recoil the same as it does when hunting because I only have a rail to rest on but I also shoot free hand or stabilized against a tree. In my experience, a very solid sled or other type of rest is very good for load testing and target shooting, but it changes the POI especially with higher recoiling cartridges. I'm pretty sure this is a question that you'll get a ton of different answers to. A lot of that is dependant to each individuals needs.

Comment

Working...
      X