Bell and Carlson #1003 Howa Mini Stock. Feed issue topic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chipj4
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2018

Hi Gunner, Mine got there yesterday. There was also a void that needed to be filled. I am hoping the standard procedure is to repair the void instead of replace. If they are planning to replace it instead are you able to intercept it? I am hoping not to have to send a different one in for the in-letting fix. Tory was aware of both issues. Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

• Chipj4
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2018

I got my stock back today after having it modified to fix the feed issues. I am happy to report that two out of three mags feed all five rounds perfectly. The other will feed four and gets a little hung up on the last round but can be manipulated in. I am calling this an issue with that one mag due to the weak spring. Also the small void in the mag well was filled. Everything looks great.Thanks Gunner for all your help. I am a happy camper. Now hopefully it won't rain all weekend so I can go out and shoot it.

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
        Warrior
        • Sep 2018

I also ended up sending my stock back for modification.
        It fed well with one of my rifles, when I mounted my second Howa Mini it exhibited the same feed problems as seen by others here.

I received my modified stock back today and tried the feeding in both rifles I have on hand and now both feed fine.

My only gripe is that I dropped the stock on the concrete floor and cracked the paint slightly! It's only noticeable from one angle but I cant believe I did that!!

Comment

• Chipj4
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2018

Originally posted by HokeyPokeyKid View Post
          I also ended up sending my stock back for modification.
          It fed well with one of my rifles, when I mounted my second Howa Mini it exhibited the same feed problems as seen by others here.

I received my modified stock back today and tried the feeding in both rifles I have on hand and now both feed fine.

My only gripe is that I dropped the stock on the concrete floor and cracked the paint slightly! It's only noticeable from one angle but I cant believe I did that!!
          Good to hear it's working. Total bummer about the cracked paint. I am wondering if there is a good/recommended paint out there for touch ups? I am bound to do something to mine someday that will require it.

Comment

• FrozenMinnesotan
            Unwashed
            • Apr 2019

Do I have to call to have it sent in?

Comment

• Taz575
              Warrior
              • Jul 2018

Yeah, they give you a rma# to put on the box

Comment

• Mac86951
                Unwashed
                • Apr 2019

Big brown truck is bringing mine back from RMA. I want to give a huge shout out to GUNNER and Tory at B&C;. Thank you very much. I like the product, but the service is excellent!

-Mac

Comment

• Taz575
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2018

Looks like my stock will be back tomorrow! Extremely quick turn around!

Comment

• Chipj4
                    Bloodstained
                    • Apr 2018

I got out last weekend to shoot mine after I got it back from RMA. It is so much nicer than the factory stock. The rifle shoots and works great, no feeding issues. I also had a fast turn around and am happy with B&Cs customer service.

Comment

• Taz575
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2018

Mine feeds so much better now! One mag feeds 4 (the original mag I have), the other 2 newer mags usually feed all 5.

Comment

• Mac86951
                        Unwashed
                        • Apr 2019

Mine feeds all 5 without fail. Thank you B&C for fantastic work.

-Mac

Comment

• splashy
                          Bloodstained
                          • Oct 2017

I received mine and it feeds all 4 magazine fine.

Comment

• JSH
                            Bloodstained
                            • Apr 2019

So are the B&C stocks in production and available now?

Comment

• Taz575
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2018

Yes

Comment

• klipsh
                                Unwashed
                                • Oct 2018

Sorry, not a B&C issue, but possibly a similar feed issue...

I HAD feed issues with my 6.5 Grendel mini action Howa on a Boyds At One stock, however, I was able to fix it pretty easily.

The problem I was having was the front of the bullet itself was not clearing the ramp. My snap caps kept catching the ramp right at the tip. This problem also happened with almost every hornady blackout that I fed into it.

The fix - I shaved a very little off of the stock from just above the bottom metal and bedded a nice flat plain for the bottom metal to sit in. In all, I think I removed only about 1/32 of an inch at most to get everything to feed right.

Second fix - Same gun, same barreled action... I decided to add pillars and was able to cut the pillars to the length that fit the exact length after I had shaved a little off and bedded the bottom metal. I then took those pillars and shaved them down another 1/32 of an inch (not that I needed to, but since the bullets just barely cleared the ramp [100% of the time], I figured a little more room for comfort wouldn't hurt. Today, the pillars, action bedding, and bottom metal bedding are all in place and my baby feeds like a CHAMP!!!

Ever since I did the first slight reduction in the stock at the bottom metal, I haven't had a single feed issue AT ALL. Since doing the pillars, I also have not had a single feed issue, not even one.

I have pics, but not accessible at the moment. Can check my IG account for some pics (I think they're still up) @gun_hobbies

~klipsh

PS: I also have the 6.5 Grendel Howa mini action in the MDT LSS chassis and without ANY modifications, there has not been a single feed issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X