X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taz575
    Warrior
    • Jul 2018

Call or email MDT; they have mag catches in different lengths to make the mags sit higher in the stock. They sent me one based on measurements that I gave them that needed a little fitting and one longer to fully custom fit for free.

Comment

• hill37
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

Does anyone that shortened their original mag still have the piece they cut off?

Comment

• DDRanch
        Warrior
        • Jul 2017

Having more or less same problem with my Howa/Brownells BRN-1 Howa Mini 1500 Chassis. Mags do not seat deep enough. Only way it will feed is if I push up on mag to hold it further in. Fired off a E-mail to MDT to get their take.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
          My understanding is he is in the reserve's and he shoots rifle comp's so maybe he is busy.
          Hi all,

I am no longer with Legacy Sports.
          Been traveling a ton shooting Precision rifle and service weapon matches.
          Happy shooting!

Comment

• HokeyPokeyKid
            Warrior
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
            Hi all,

Happy shooting!
            Happy Shooting to you as well!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Hi all,

Happy shooting!
              Well that stinks. You was the only guy at LSI that could get anything done too better the mini platform.

For sure time for me too get my grendel build done and walk away from howa products.

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

Hi all,

Happy shooting!
                Sad for Howa, hope it's good for you! so where did you land if we might inquire??
                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

On a side related note of mag issue's and fix's other then spring issue's.

I was playing with a few mags I have extra that have never been in a rifle. They showed the same issue's I had with the other 5 round mag I use. The mag sticks up to high into the rifle and the bolt drags on the top of the mag.

I have 2 mags I use with my rifle. The mag that came with it, has feed perfectly since I got it and now works great with the replacment rifle. That mag is cut down to flush fit.

The second mag I leavt as is for load work up, it acted like it was too tall in the first rifle, so I did some dremel work to it and got it too feed properly and not drag the bolt.

Tryed it in the replacment rifle worked great.

So I get my 5 other extra mags out and yep they or all too tall and drag the bolt.

My action screws are set at 40 inch pounds of torque and locktite in.

So I got to playing. Took 2 small ring style lock washer's just big enough to fit around the action screws. Placed them on the inside between the bottom metal and action.

Torqued it back down to 40 inch pounds and every single mag I own works perfectly now.

So if your having feeding issues and the bolt seems to drag the top of the mag. Try adding a small ring style lock washer too the inside between the bottom metal and action. Might help you out.

Now if we could just source small parts for the mags and the rifle we would be doing better.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                    Chieftain
                    • Oct 2016

+1000 on the small parts source. I couldn't even find a local gunsmith that would deal with them - two tried, neither could get information or replies to contact. From a gunsmith. Twice. Seems like an issue. If only the rifle didn't shoot so darned well, I'd be happy to source another complete rifle altogether. Howa needs to get this act together.

LS is a total fail at customer service. You have to be angry, or on your fifteenth try to get ahold of anyone over there...

My experience. The rifle though... piece of work. My son is happy, and I'm jealous.
                    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                      +1000 on the small parts source. I couldn't even find a local gunsmith that would deal with them - two tried, neither could get information or replies to contact. From a gunsmith. Twice. Seems like an issue. If only the rifle didn't shoot so darned well, I'd be happy to source another complete rifle altogether. Howa needs to get this act together.

LS is a total fail at customer service. You have to be angry, or on your fifteenth try to get ahold of anyone over there...

My experience. The rifle though... piece of work. My son is happy, and I'm jealous.
                      Well I don't know what to say now. I just got off the phone with LSI and have a new mag spring headed my way. Should be here by end of week or early next week.

Funny how just a few months back they didn't offer any replacements and now bam, new spring on its way, under warrenty even.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                        Chieftain
                        • Oct 2016

OHREALLY? Perhaps it's time I called AGAIN, and re-emailed, and asked for a source for two action screws.....
                        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Chipj4
                          Bloodstained
                          • Apr 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                          Well I don't know what to say now. I just got off the phone with LSI and have a new mag spring headed my way. Should be here by end of week or early next week.

Funny how just a few months back they didn't offer any replacements and now bam, new spring on its way, under warrenty even.
                          I would be interested in how the replacement springs work out for you. After I got my stock back from B&C two mags work fine and a third one flakes out on the last round. I feel like it has a weak spring and a better (in spec?) one would fix the problem.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                            Sad for Howa, hope it's good for you! so where did you land if we might inquire??
                            I took an opportunity with an amazing and progressive company, Modular Driven Technologies. My job title is PR manager. I'll be changing my user name soon to reflect that.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                              OHREALLY? Perhaps it's time I called AGAIN, and re-emailed, and asked for a source for two action screws.....
                              Dang if I had known you need action screws you could have had the 2 off my first rifle that got destroyed.

Comment

• grayfox
                                Chieftain
                                • Jan 2017

I took an opportunity with an amazing and progressive company, Modular Driven Technologies. My job title is PR manager. I'll be changing my user name soon to reflect that.
                                Cool! Congrats! MDT I know those guys; now to get them into the Grendel horde.....................
                                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X