X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HokeyPokeyKid
    Warrior
    • Sep 2018

This is good information, I wonder if a custom bottom retaining plate would work out better.

Do you have a part number for this flat spring?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by HokeyPokeyKid View Post
      This is good information, I wonder if a custom bottom retaining plate would work out better.

Do you have a part number for this flat spring?
      Invoice says

Item. HPT30200

MAG SPRING .204-223 only

That's all it says.

It's possible that a custom retaining plate would work.

I'm almost positive I could do some work to the bottom side of the follower and get it too be a 5 +1 mag.

But as it is now it works perfectly as a 4+1 mag.

But I have my eye on a bigger price. Lil reverse engineering going on in my shop right now. Working on a internal mag setup.

Comment

• BIGHORN66
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2018

Blaster:

So changing out the Mag Spring for the 1500 into the Mini mag you were able to get 100% function every time?

I am still having issues with my B&C stock and mag feeding.

Thanks.

Shawn

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by BIGHORN66 View Post
          Blaster:

So changing out the Mag Spring for the 1500 into the Mini mag you were able to get 100% function every time?

I am still having issues with my B&C stock and mag feeding.

Thanks.

Shawn
          Yes my 5 round mag that I stuck the flat wire spring in works 100% but the key was I had too use the follower and spring plate from my cut down mag.

Google grendel flush fit mag and you should find the thread on this fourm of how too sand down those parts for flush fitting.

I had too use those customers internal parts from my flush fit mag too make the flat spring work in my 5 round mag body.

Also I had to install the spring backwards from how it would normal be facing. Once I figured out those things it worked perfectly.

I thought I had posted some pics of it on this thread must be on a diffrent thread

Doing it this way it works 100%.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Sorry I told you wrong BIGHORN66 I just used the cut down mag spring retaining plate.

Not the cut down follower as well.

Sorry bout that.

Comment

• Ruwhitsum
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2019

Originally posted by DDRanch View Post
              MDT
              Great customer service. Been dealing with Anthony B on a issue with my mags not inserting far enough into my Brownells chassis for my Howa Mini action Grendel. Lets hope the part he is sending will take care of problem.
              Did MDT ever manage to resolve your magazine seating issue for the Brownells chassis? I just got one put together and am experiencing similar frustration with final round feeding.

Comment

• DDRanch
                Warrior
                • Jul 2017

Not really, sent some parts for me to try out but that build has been on the back burner.

I could not get any rounds to feed at all unless I held magazine in .

Comment

Working...
                X