Clear All
  • ih784
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2019

Howa mini or chassis

• Robert8904
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2019

Just shot my Howa Mini HB for the first time last week. It has the plain plastic stock. Fired 45 rounds with 120 ELD's and 120 SMK's loaded with powders on hand, CFE223 and TAC. Shot eight groups of five rounds each at 100 yards and the groups were from 1/4" to 1 1/4" with sand bags for a rest. If I throw out the best and worst groups, the remaining groups averaged .720". I'm just getting into rifles so my bench technique is beginner level. I'm sure a skilled shooter could have reduced those groups. I'm very happy with this Howa and think there's lots of potential with more reloading and bench rest experience.

Comment

• ih784
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2019

Great to hear. I ordered it yesterday and it came in today. I’ll pick it up tomorrow lol. For the money... it’s hard to beat I think. They guarantee sub groups. I can’t find 3 or 5 shot groups specified anywhere. I think I ordered the same one you got. 20” HB.

Comment

• BIGHORN66
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2018

Good to go except for the Shitty magazines.
        Just my opinion.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
          Warrior
          • Dec 2017

Upside to magazines are they are light...2.5 oz. for my chassis builds for hunting rigs I quite like that.

Comment

• Robert8904
            Unwashed
            • Apr 2019

Yeah, the magazine is not especially confidence inspiring to look at but mine loads easily enough and feeds 100%.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

First 2 shots at the top where too check the dial in and then check scope was tracking.

Lower 2 groups are 5 shots each. My 127 LRX handloads 200 yards off the bench.

Howa 20 inch heavy barrel in a boyd's pro varmint
              M4-72 severe duty brake
              Outer impact 20moa rail
              Burris rings
              Vortex diamondback hp 4-16 when those groups were fired.

Factory trigger adjusted as low as it would go. Off the bench bagged front and rear.
              Attached Files

Comment

• ih784
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2019

Sweet. Good looking groups. The forearm on the stock I just got is hitting the barrel slightly. I chose to go with the factory rifle because I had read there may be some fitment issues with the Boyds? The barreled actions that are sold separately look to be the same as the ones in the factory rifles?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by ih784 View Post
                  Sweet. Good looking groups. The forearm on the stock I just got is hitting the barrel slightly. I chose to go with the factory rifle because I had read there may be some fitment issues with the Boyds? The barreled actions that are sold separately look to be the same as the ones in the factory rifles?
                  Yea they are the same. Yea I had too do some work too the stock on my first rifle and then again on its replacment.

The second stock didn't need as much work too get a good free float around the barrel.

Comment

Working...
                  X