• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Thinking about getting a 6.5 Grendel bolt action

The CZ 527 w/24? barrel looks good.Every CZ rifle I own is a shooter.Downside is CZ are finicky and it will take time to figure out what it likes.
    Was looking at a Ruger American predator 6.5 Grendel.My buddy has one in 223 that?s a tack driver.Downside is I hate the stock.But,there are aftermarket replacements.
    A howa heavy barreled action would work.I would get a Boyd?s stock to set it in.Downside is that I am not sure they make a 24? heavy barreled action.
    Then I was thinking about taking my Ruger precision 556,getting a Criterion or Krieger 26? bull barrel.The barrel is the easy part.I would have to send the bolt out for work.And the mag would need customization too.Downside is that it may not be worth the trouble ,as is the case with conversions
    I am going to use this for shooting 600yrds prone and some Benchrest.
  • Taz575
    Warrior
    • Jul 2018

My CZ 527 MTR in 6.5 Grendel and Howa Mini HB in a B&C stock in 6.5 Grendel. MTR is my target rifle, Howa is my deer/coyote rifle. Both are accurate, reliable and fun to shoot!

65grrrr.jpg

Comment

• FW Conch
      Warrior
      • Nov 2014

FL, You could also go the Savage route. Another rabbit hole to go down, like some of the rest of us .

Do You intend to compete?

Comment

• FLshooter
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

CZ 527 MTR is hard to find in stock right now.Maybe at a later date.

Comment

Working...
        X