• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Welldone
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2019

6MM BR Howa Mini?

Has anybody ever chambered. Howa Mini action for the 6BR? The barrel tennon threads are on 22 mm.However, the BR case is is only a little bit bigger. Am I asking for too much from a marginal wall thickness? Is the pressure more? I believe that the bolt would need to be modified also.
  • JSH
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2019

Would leave very little on the bolt. I would look at the 6PPC or one of the variants.
    It?s a dandy action but it has its limits. I just got my third one. I wish someone would do something with the magazines for these. I would like to see a single shot follower for these also.
    Jeff

Comment

• hill37
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

I believe Pac -Nor will do a Mini barrel in 6mm Grendel. A year ago you had to supply the reamer and gauges but now they have a 6/6.5 Grendel listed in the Wildcat section. I think they said they would do a Savage type set up if you sent the rifle in.

Comment

• Welldone
        Unwashed
        • Aug 2019

What I should have stated is that I am looking for more horsepower in the 6.5 bullet dia. I’m thinking 6.5 BRfor metallic silhouette.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Welldone View Post
          What I should have stated is that I am looking for more horsepower in the 6.5 bullet dia. I’m thinking 6.5 BRfor metallic silhouette.
          6.5 BR is most likely to big for the howa mini.

Comment

• adamjp
            Warrior
            • Oct 2014

There is gent local to me who has built a few BR based cartridges on Howa Mini actions.

I have actually shot his 7mm BR which fed cleanly from a lightly modified factory Grendel magazine.

It can be done, is relatively easy to do and works well.

Comment

• Birch7
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2019

I've been looking into this for a Howa build. It is fairly common in the benchrest world to rebate BR cases to fit a 6ppc bolt head, so the case can be made to fit the grendel bolt. My next build will be a 6g 40 turbo, so I'm going to see how much extra velocity I can get out of that before doing a 6br barrel. I know the long-neck of the 6br case may be somewhat more accurate, but I'm at ~2860 with no pressure signs on a regular 6 grendel with 105s...that's pretty close to the 6br realm.

Comment

Working...
              X