• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jmccracken
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Ruger American 6mm Grendel

Since I got rid of my howa, I?m wanting a bolt Grendel and the ruger is the most cost effective option. I?ve had one before and loved it. But since it?ll just be a plinking gun or a lighter smaller option for me to take to matches that only run 500 yards, I?m thinking.... 6 Grendel would be badass. I could still use the ar mags... use grendel bushing dies with a different bushing to size my brass down to 6mm and rebarrel... basically 0 recoil and a flatter, faster round than the 6.5.

Is there anything I?m missing? Almost sounds too easy and too good to be true but I might pick one up to try.
  • LtDan
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

Ah to my knowledge Ruger does not make a 6mm Grendel

Comment

• Javman
      Warrior
      • Jan 2016

I'd check these guys out and see who could chamber it for ya in the cartridge you want if they don't have the one you're looking for.

The Ruger American action is a great affordable rifle that is known to perform. One benefit to this firearm is that changing the barrel was a consideration when Ruger put this design through engineering.  Unfortunately, Ruger uses a smooth barrel nut to attach the barrel to the receiver, which means more difficulty removing and reinstalling new barrels. To remove the factory barrel nut you can use a pipe wrench, although, THIS WILL HARM THE FINISH of the factory nut, then replace the barrel and nut with our nut and use our wrench to torque on.  Our Ruger American Prefit barrels include a precision nut with 6 flats to install and remove the barrels when needed.  We specifically designed the nuts to fit in the same footprint as the factory specs therefore, inlets for stocks or chassis designed for the American actions will work perfectly.  This makes it possible to easily change barrels at a later point if you choose to buy multiple barrels in different chamberings. Please note: While we are responsible for making you a quality product, You are liable for how this product is ordered. It is your responsibility to verify the head spacing and breech specs beforehand; we do not refund incorrectly, custom-ordered products. Any changes to orders must be made within 48 hours of order placement. The current estimated build time is 10-12 weeks or longer.

Comment

• Bat Rastard
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2019

I ordered a RAP today. My reasoning is so much along the same line of thought as the OP, that I had to double check to make sure I wasn't the the OP.

I plan to play with it for a bit, then rebarrel it in 6 Grendel.

I was thinking of waiting on a deal on a used one, but I may have had quite a wait finding a used Grendel.

I contemplated a used rifle in 223 and going 6tcu.

Now I am waiting on the Brown truck.

Comment

• Javman
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

RAPs are freakin accurate! They do not disappoint!

Comment

Working...
          X