• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hill37
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

New Zastava M85 Minis In US

Looks like the Zastava Mini Mausers have landed. Not in Grendel yet it seems. But the 7.62 x39 is. Was told by Zastava USA that 6.5 Grendel would be for sale when cleared by Gov.https://www.gunsamerica.com/99921421...-20-L8762P.htm
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Looking forward to what they bring too the grendel market.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Makes me wonder if Zastava is going to introduce an AK variant in 6.5 Grendel. There were rumors Zastava was interested in the new CSSPECS 6.5 Grendel magazine.

Csspecs is manufacturing a Vepr 6.5 Grendel magazine which is meant for the longer Vepr receiver. Csspecs is also making a mag for the AK-47 length receiver for converting a 7.62x39 to 6.5 Grendel with a barrel swap.
      Last edited by VASCAR2; 11-11-2019, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

Well they make a mini Mauser in 7.62X39 if memory serves me right. Almost bought one a few years ago and screw a Grendel barrel on to it, but liked the CZ better so went with that. It would be easy to make that rifle in a Grendel option

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Rifle in the link. Looks like it's sporting a hinged floor plate. If they bring out a grendel with a hinged floor plate it should sale well.

Comment

• hill37
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

I swear I saw a picture of the floor plate and follower dropped somewhere but I can't find it now. The original catalog had barreled actions and actions for sale. They don't even have a catalog now. Found the picture but it is 4 years old and Canadian https://calibremag.ca/7-62x39-bolt-g...7-zastava-m85/
            Last edited by hill37; 11-11-2019, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• adamjp
              Warrior
              • Oct 2014

There are a few of us who built Grendel bolt guns on Zastava actions before the Howa Mini came out. If you search Zastava you will find several pages...

My own build documented here - http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...hlight=zastava

Comment

• hill37
                Warrior
                • Apr 2017

Received confirmation that M85 has hinged floor plate. Asked Zastava USA about actions only. They said" they weren't available as of yet".

Comment

• LtDan
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2017

I bought one of those ZastavM85 in /39 and it was a great looking rifle but the extractor quit extracting after about 50 rounds. Tried to get one to replace it Nada, I even contacted customer service in Yugoslavia as I am half Serb, not a chance. So there it sits in the safe.

Comment

• hill37
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2017

LT Dan try this. https://zastavaarmsusa.com/products/parts/ 7.62x39 $29 +$7 shipping. once you go to check they don't want to let you out

Comment

• LtDan
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2017

Well what do you know, this is amazing as when I contacted the factory they had no solution, well hell I'll try to order one

Comment

• hill37
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2017

LTDan If you want to do a switch barrel. There is a post further down about Preferred barrel blanks. They don't have the M85 listed as a stock pre fit but they have a custom offering. They have 22 6mm and 6.5 Grendel reamers. All I know about them is what I've read.

Comment

• adamjp
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2014

A Lilja #2 profile fits the Basner Hi-Tech Composites m85 (Mini Mark X) stock nicely.

Comment

• hill37
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2017

Lt Dan have you ordered you extractor yet?

Comment

• LtDan
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2017

Just got it today, amazing

Comment

Working...
                              X