X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raamaudio
    Warrior
    • Aug 2020

It would be very cool then if the great 7 round mods for the 5 rd 65G mag would result in ten rounds in the .223 magazine, I will just have to try it once I have the rifle, 5 round mags, etc....I know the follower is likely different but maybe there is enough material to work with and make it compatible with the 65G. (or if not, grind through it, add epoxy, shape it, good to go, I can always hope so

If that works I will make sure it is known of course but I hope somebody is ahead of me on this and just gets it done but in the end, 7 rounds is going to be nice to have as it is with the stock magazine mods.

Rick

Comment

• m796rider
      Warrior
      • Jul 2011

I can't believe it'd be all that hard to measure and input a 7rd modded mag body and follower into 3D CAD software and send the files off to one of the bazillion 3D printing job shops out there... Heck, I may try it along with maybe designing an extended mag to hold 10 rounds.

Comment

• raamaudio
        Warrior
        • Aug 2020

Go for it!
        Please

Comment

• tdbru
          Warrior
          • Dec 2019

i took one of the 7rd Grendel mags and stuffed twelve 222 Rem cases into it. BUT, the feed lips are too far apart on the 6.5 Grendel mag and the 222 Rem just pops out. so maybe if one did the mag mod on a 10x 223 mag they would end up with 12x 223 mag.

-tdbru

Comment

• raamaudio
            Warrior
            • Aug 2020

That would be cool
            I have Elander mags and polished the feed lips on them, work perfect no matter how many rounds I have put in them.

Using a mic and dremel it should be pretty easy to copy the 65G howa mag lip openings to the 10x223.

It would be nice if the follower just worked or needed very little effort to make it work.

Rick

Comment

• Cowdog
              Warrior
              • Feb 2018

Originally posted by m796rider View Post
              I can't believe it'd be all that hard to measure and input a 7rd modded mag body and follower into 3D CAD software and send the files off to one of the bazillion 3D printing job shops out there
              If you can get the measurements you can send it to Amend2 and they will produce them and have them right back to you, in 2 or 3 years.

Comment

• raamaudio
                Warrior
                • Aug 2020

OK, you guys are right, the 10 round .223 is the same size as the 5 round Grendel so 7 rounds is the most it can be modified to hold unless......

I am playing with ideas like removing the ribbing on the mag below where it tucks into the gun, use heat tape I have for bending plastics, wrap it with heated ABS sheet to test it out but I can use Lexan, etc... to get the pattern, make a form then wrap a longer one, section the mag and glue in the wrap to make it 10 rounds, or more if one wished to do so. Then do the rest of the mods listed, figure out what spring to run, etc....

If that works then I could do the wrap in carbon fiber, etc.....or, get a 3d printer and learn how to use it and make the parts that way or, whole magazines.....then I reread this post above, makes far more sense, stretching a factory mag would be for test purposes but not likely viable for helping others get more capacity.

Originally Posted by m796rider
                "I can't believe it'd be all that hard to measure and input a 7rd modded mag body and follower into 3D CAD software and send the files off to one of the bazillion 3D printing job shops out there"
                Last edited by raamaudio; 07-15-2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• tommyguns
                  Bloodstained
                  • Feb 2016

Sounds interesting, 10 rounds are certainly better than 7!

Comment

• Nodak
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2016

I'd be in for mags or extenders to make 10rnd Grendel mags.

Comment

• raamaudio
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2020

I did the mag mod yesterday, pretty easy, works great, thanks!!!

Comment

• tommyguns
                        Bloodstained
                        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by raamaudio View Post
                        I did the mag mod yesterday, pretty easy, works great, thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X