Oregunsmithing Offering Howa Mini Bottom Metal (Hinged Floorplate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bizquick
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2019

I’ve been wanting to build a .221 Fireball rifle for a while now, as I can’t find an out-of-production CZ 527 in .221. I have even considered Ruger No 1s or a Winchester 1885 single shots, but they are pricey!

A barreled action from Brownells in .223 re-chambered to .221 with this bottom metal would be perfect and not too expensive. Is Oregunsmithing considering a .17FB/20Vartag/.221FB follower?

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Come to think of it, there are lots of Ruger predators out here...... 6.5 Grendel etc. Would y'all think about doing a bottom metal/closed box feed for the RAP? Could be a style that fits into the B&C sporter style stock...
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
        Come to think of it, there are lots of Ruger predators out here...... 6.5 Grendel etc. Would y'all think about doing a bottom metal/closed box feed for the RAP? Could be a style that fits into the B&C sporter style stock...
        If they did that. Then I would be willing to own the RAP.

Comment

• Dinny
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
          Gunsmiths I've worked with don't like to be bombarded. Let's get the Howa bottom metal in production for a while before we start looking for something else.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Dinny
            Warrior
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Bizquick View Post
            A barreled action from Brownells in .223 re-chambered to .221 with this bottom metal would be perfect and not too expensive. Is Oregunsmithing considering a .17FB/20Vartag/.221FB follower?
            Wayne has a number of wildcats based off the 6.8 SPC case and maybe others too. Give him a call to see.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• tdbru
              Warrior
              • Dec 2019

is Wayne taking pre-production orders for the howa bottom metal yet?
              -tdbru

Comment

• Owyhee H
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Dinny View Post
                Wayne has a number of wildcats based off the 6.8 SPC case and maybe others too. Give him a call to see.

Thanks, Dinny
                The 25 York and 24 York look like similar and equally great mini action cartridges.

Originally posted by tdbru View Post
                is Wayne taking pre-production orders for the howa bottom metal yet?
                -tdbru
                I stopped by and took a look at these yesterday. The bottom metal is perfect. I'm really looking forward to when these come out and it sounds like it will be by the end of the month. Wayne indicated he has been bombarded so I think it would be best to wait until they are officially released to bug him. The follower being offered is for the 6.5Gr and 7.62, but he indicated that others were planned, one step at a time.

Comment

• Trueblue
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2018

Tagging in for future reference

Comment

• rickt300
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2017

The action opening is pretty small, my big fingers might not like loading the magazine under the scope.

Comment

• Tharg47
                      Unwashed
                      • Feb 2020

I'll need a .223 follower thinking a 6x45 build in the near future

Comment

• FloorPoor
                        Bloodstained
                        • Feb 2020

I'm very interested to see the final price and spec...

I bought a Howa mini Grendel a week ago because it was on sale for a good price. I like everything about the rifle EXCEPT for the garbage plastic magazine that falls out every time I pick the rifle up by it's balance point. I intend for this rifle (22" #2 barrel) to be a sub 300 yard deer rifle. I am not a fan of detachable magazines on hunting rifles.

Comment

• The Guide
                          Unwashed
                          • Feb 2020

With 2 Howa Mini Action rifles in my safe, I'm extremely excited about this possibility to get flush fit bottom metal. The 2 Howa Minis are my kids (11 & 9)hunting rifles and I currently carry the mag's in my pocket when we are out in the field. This will eliminate my need to do that.

Jay

Comment

• grayfox
                            Chieftain
                            • Jan 2017

There's also another very recent active thread on these, by hokeypokeykid, he's bringing a bottom metal assembly out too.
                            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Yendor6.5
                              Unwashed
                              • Feb 2020

If/when those are available, I'll buy one. But please, make it just like the prototype. VERY classy. I hate those ugly, ginormous triggerguards. No one can shoot well with a big thick pair of gloves on anyway.

Yeah, those will be $$$. But my Howa Grendel shoots so good, it deserves to look as good.

Comment

• Dinny
                                Warrior
                                • Jun 2016

From Wayne:
                                We should be able to start shipping a very few (flat black only) by the end of the week and can take orders for future shipments. The charge will be $165 (without logo), plus shipping which should run about $8 for 2 to 3 day delivery. The charge with logo will be $185, plus shipping. We are not quite ready with the logo deliveries yet. Call in or email your orders to: 541-278-4177 oregunsmithing@earthlink.net

From Dinny:
                                I have requested a 6.5Grendel.com members discount to get the ball rolling for Wayne. I'll let you know what I hear back from him.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

Working...
                                X