• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dinny
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Howa Mini Stocks

Let me be clear, I despise the looks of chassis stocks but I could love or leave a synthetic. My passion is for a nice walnut stock. In searching for one I have found Brownells offers them. Does anyone have any experience with them? They're either really popular or new and in limited supply. The standard contour stock is out of stock but can be backordered. Brownells CS tells me that stock weighs 2lb 6oz.

Brownells is a leading supplier of firearms, reloading & gunsmithing products, gun parts, and ammunition. Since 1939, Brownells has been committed to gunsmiths, shooters, police, and hunters.

Thanks, Dinny
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

It's made for them by boyd's gunstocks.

Boyd's has some nice classic looking stocks that will fit the howa as well, you can use their website to build your stock how you want it. Probably a bit cheaper as well.

I think I payed 150 bucks for the pro varmint I had on the howa grendel I had.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

that looks good, is there flush bottom metal available for these howa's yet?

Comment

• Dinny
        Warrior
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
        is there flush bottom metal available for these howa's yet?
        yes

Comment

• Dinny
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post

Probably a bit cheaper as well.
          It looks as if the price to duplicate this on Boyd's site is $242. It's $187 before the grip checkering is added. I may just pop for the one on Brownells and provide a review after I get it so other may better decide which route to go in the future.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
            Warrior
            • Dec 2017

yes this looks excellent with that flush hinged floor plate bottom metal kit, a howa version of a metal/wood, cz style, i could get behind this as a project to round out my collection of bolt grendels, that's how it should have come from the get go...metal/wood real hunting rifle

Comment

• Harpoon1
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Dinny View Post
              Let me be clear, I despise the looks of chassis stocks but I could love or leave a synthetic. My passion is for a nice walnut stock. In searching for one I have found Brownells offers them. Does anyone have any experience with them? They're either really popular or new and in limited supply. The standard contour stock is out of stock but can be backordered. Brownells CS tells me that stock weighs 2lb 6oz.

Brownells is a leading supplier of firearms, reloading & gunsmithing products, gun parts, and ammunition. Since 1939, Brownells has been committed to gunsmiths, shooters, police, and hunters.

Thanks, Dinny
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Harpoon1; 05-26-2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• ckp
                Unwashed
                • Aug 2018

In the Brownells add it looks like it has a bit of a palm swell on the right hand side. Is that the case or is it just an optical illusion.
                Thanks.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                  Chieftain
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by ckp View Post
                  In the Brownells add it looks like it has a bit of a palm swell on the right hand side. Is that the case or is it just an optical illusion.
                  Thanks.

Yes, it does have more on the right side.

Comment

• FloorPoor
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
                    that looks good, is there flush bottom metal available for these howa's yet?
                    Both Oregon Gunsmithing, and Jefferson Outdoors (the owner is a member of this forum) make an aluminum hinged floor plate. Both cost about $160.

I have the one from Jefferson Outdoors, it is excellent quality. And I've read positive feedback about the Oregon Gunsmithing kit as well.

Comment

• ramslamer
                      Unwashed
                      • May 2020

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post

Boyd's has some nice classic looking stocks that will fit the howa as well, you can use their website to build your stock how you want it. Probably a bit cheaper as well.

I think I payed 150 bucks for the pro varmint I had on the howa grendel I had.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Oh never said it would be perfect. If you knew how much sanding I had to do to the bolt raceway and barrel channel of the pro varmint I had you would be sick.

Came out good and rifle shoots great but it ain't no bell and carlson stock for sure.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                          Chieftain
                          • Dec 2017

Last edited by Harpoon1; 06-01-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X