• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sfmd
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2020

Howa Sticky Bolt

My Howa shoots great, is more accurate and eats anything I feed it. Even with Wolf, it still prints minute of heart ventricle. However, after about 5 rounds, it gets severe sticky bolt that would make my Mosin blush. A few rounds or brass to clean the chamber and I can get another few rounds of Wolf, rinse and repeat.

Anyone else have this issue with theirs?
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

sfmd,

Sticky bolts are a classic sign of over-pressure. Especially if the round went in OK.

Comment

• Troutguide
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

I had the same problem when shooting wolf ammo. I cleaned well and it helped. I think the lacquer builds up. And gets sticky.
      "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• riuma
        Warrior
        • Jun 2018

I don't think it's laquer build up. I shoot cases of Wolf/Barnaul 7.62x39 from bolt guns (CZ's and a Ruger) and have never experienced this. Stop shooting Wolf and see if the problem persists.~Riuma

Comment

• Harpoon1
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Troutguide View Post
          I had the same problem when shooting wolf ammo. I cleaned well and it helped. I think the lacquer builds up. And gets sticky.
          Last edited by Harpoon1; 09-03-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• phorizt
            Unwashed
            • Oct 2019

fmj Wolf absolutely does not work in our Howa. Bolt is so sticky I can barely open it and my kids aren't strong enough to do. So we just don't shoot Wolf. No problem with any other ammo that we've tried.

Comment

Working...
            X